cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Package And BBC Region Changed To Wales

Poddys
Dialled in

We updated our package on Tuesday, all I have done is replace the Hub 3 by Hub 4. No changes to the V6 box yet.  However, BBC is now showing news from BBC Wales instead of BBC South. How do we change that? I can't see a setting anywhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by "BBC is now showing news from BBC Wales instead of BBC South"? I'm not sure what you're asking

When you say "no changes to the V6 yet", do you mean you've also asked to convert to V360?

Incidentally, a package change won't have made any difference to your TV service unless you've changed TV tiers and therefore added/removed channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you explain what you mean by "BBC is now showing news from BBC Wales instead of BBC South"? I'm not sure what you're asking

When you say "no changes to the V6 yet", do you mean you've also asked to convert to V360?

Incidentally, a package change won't have made any difference to your TV service unless you've changed TV tiers and therefore added/removed channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the quick response and excuse my frustration because the main website isn't working either.

Duh! My wife (boss of the remote control) just said that she put it on 101 because it was on 8** which I know are the local regions. That explains why the news said "BBC Wales".

I would still like to view details of our new package, but that's a different problem and I guess a different board on the forums. Let me go hunt.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Poddys wrote:

I would still like to view details of our new package, but that's a different problem and I guess a different board on the forums. Let me go hunt.

Login to your myVM online account, go to "my contract" on the right-hand-side.

Then post in https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/bd-p/ManageAccountCable if you still have questions.