Menu
0774don
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to tivo box

I have received a letter from virgin advising me to upgrade to a Tivo box.

Unfortunately the advice to, "just visit  virginmedia.com/getyourtivo"  seems to refer to a web address that doesn't exist.

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DJ_Shadow1966
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade to tivo box

Hello

Working for me try the full link :- https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/getyourtivo?buspart=uk_dm_cus_cab_lib-mig_get-your-tivo

Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Jacks1973
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get this sorted?

I'm having the same problems - got the letter last week. When I phone I'm on hold forever.

Can't understand why, if we HAVE to upgrade the tv box, they don't just send it to us, instead of us having to figure out HOW & WHERE to order it.

0 Kudos
0774don
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacks,

I'll tell you my story, I followed the link,

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/customer/getyourtivo?buspart=uk_dm_cus_cab_lib-mig_get-your-tivo

Kindly supplied by mike,(dj-shadow 1966), for which many thanks, which does lead to the correct page, unfortunately in my case this led to a pop-up telling me my box could not be ordered online, and that I should ring 0345 454 111

Where after the obligatory 25/30 minutes on hold,

I did finally manage to order my box.

As to the reason for the “round the houses” procedure, I can only suppose that it is to generate more tele sales marketing opportunities.

Good luck,

Don

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacks1973

Sorry you've had difficulties swapping your legacy box over.  I would like to look into this further for you.  To enable me to do this I am going to send you private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos