Menu
Writearound
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to new V6 Box

Hi I have just gone through the process of ordering the new V6 Box as my TV was telling me I needed to. However when I got to the final yes please page it said the cost of my current bundle, which is described now as the 'Fun' one, was quoted at over £82 when I currently pay around £66 as I don't wish to upgrade my current bundle to anything fancy. I exited the so called free upgrade very quickly without completing it as I sensed ordering the V6 would be taken as some sort of binding agreement to a new contract.. Is this some sort of scam by Virgin to increase bundle payments by dangling a so called free V6 box in front of a customer? A little disappointed in Virgin as I have always had excellent experience with their product. 

jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Upgrade to new V6 Box

Try calling “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving" then “technical issues” – (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you have a better chance of getting a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who will be more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you are planning to leave for Sky/BT because of this issue and they are offering good packages for the SkyQ box for new customers - and they will  try and sort something for you as it’s their job to keep customers.  If you dont like their offer you can just say no, hang up and try another day.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
timealan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Did you get anywhere with this?  I spotted the same issue at the checkout page...

Writearound
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The call centre girl said this quoted price of £86.70 was just my monthly payment of £66.70  one off £20 activation fee which still says to me the V6 isn't free. It's a bit like saying. Do you want to have a parrot for free and you say 'That's a bargain!' then they hand you a dead parrot and when you complain they are astounded and say @ Oh you want a live parrot well it's actually £20 for a live parrot !'  As this box is totally useless without activation I think under the trade description act they are misleading the customer. I wonder what mark up there is on that £20 activation fee. I am loathe to click on agree as I my agreeing to pay more per month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218&list=RD4vuW6tQ0218&start_radio=1&t=0  .....sorry can't resist the dead parrot sketch.

av-115
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Which box do you have and what exactly did the message say? I can't say I've seen any messages on my V+ box and I'm not aware that the forced upgrades have started yet.

Also, do you have Sky Sports or Sky Cinema?

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
timealan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Here we go....

120181207_080608.jpg

Writearound
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yep that's exactly the message I have had on my screen. Thank you for posting as it does clarify my thoughts on why Virgin say its 'totally free' when its not. It's not the £20 with me its more the principle of the thing. Why not just say you have to upgrade to a new box and it will only cost you £20 as a one off payment. Clear and simple and no small print needed.

Writearound
Tuning in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi someone has posted a photo of the message on screen. I have a very basic bundle and the Tv part of it doesn't include Sky for anything if that helps., nor do I have multiple screens round the house as they also say when you try and order the V6 that you need a new hub as well for WIFi etc.

NDC1
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have had the same message on my TV, and when I look into it I find that I need to upgrade to a new fun package. My current package with phone and tv and internet costs me £72.20 per month, and the upgrade would cost an extra £32.85 per month plus an activation fee of £25. So how is that a free upgrade to a V6? To me that looks like a new contract.

NDC1

0 Kudos
timealan
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Don't think I'm giving too much away here....but these are the screenshots from my upgrade screens + "the standard" package I pay (also includes Phone+Broadband). This also seems to state a "12 month contract"....( I am out of contract) adding £19.00 to my monthly cost?

Capture.JPG 

0 Kudos