Menu
Bensbabble
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade to V6 box

I currently have the standard Tivo box. Yesterday I upgraded to the Full House TV bundle and Sky Sports package, but was unable to get a V6 box.

The lady on the phone said that "sometimes" they offer a new v6 box, but were currently unable to, and that I would have to keep checking on MyVirginMedia to see if I was eligible in future.

As I have increased what I am paying by over £20 per month, I cant help but thinking that I might have been fobbed off. 😞

How often do these "free V6 upgrade offers" happen?

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade to V6 box

I would call VM and choose the 'thinking of leaving' option so you get through to retentions. Explain what happened and see if they will upgrade you box free.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The majority of these free offers are to replace the older non-internet connected boxes that are running on a now 20 year old firmware platfrom, Most of these will cease working shortly if not swapped.

The TiVO is not being replaced, so a swap with a V6 is classed as an upgrade & is chargeable.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I may be wrong but I thought the full house package comes with V6 though, but it's worth talking to retentions anyway.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi corinneangela I afraid that is not the case, but the other suggestion re phoning retentions is the best bet, as the OP has a current workable box.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Corinneangela wrote:

I may be wrong but I thought the full house package comes with V6 though, but it's worth talking to retentions anyway.

If you have TV but don't have Virgin Broadband that then leaves you with a TV box you can't use. Full House is TiVO or V6.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos