cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwatchable pixelated/stuttering on BBC4 and Sky Arts (HD)

martinjm
On our wavelength

I've recently recorded some Sky Arts HD progs and they have been unwatchable. Have set to record BBC4 tonight and that's also the same (live, not recording). Sky Arts live is also bad, so it's not a recording issue. I haven't noticed any other channels but don't watch them all 🙂

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BBC4-HD & Sky Arts HD are on the same broadcast frequency, so a signal fault affecting that TX will likely affect all the channels on that mux - which are... Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC-HD, ITV-Be HD, CBBC-HD & CBeebies-HD

It's a fault...

Reboot your box once to eliminate a software fault, if symptoms persist there's an underlying fault needing VM to fix. Check for known issues on 0800 5610061, if nothing's reported then best to presume VM don't know about your fault or it's potentially on your installation and only affecting you.

The quickest way to report it is to call - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or you can wait on here for VM staff to pick up, which might take a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check if you can watch live TV ok - this will establish if your TV signals are ok

Now try pausing live TV for a short time, and watch delayed by perhaps 30 seconds. This uses your hard drive in the same way a recording would.

This will narrow down whether the problem is your live TV signal or your hard drive - the two most likely causes of these symptoms.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

martinjm
On our wavelength

Live is also bad on those channels. Other channels are fine

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BBC4-HD & Sky Arts HD are on the same broadcast frequency, so a signal fault affecting that TX will likely affect all the channels on that mux - which are... Sky Sports Mix HD, TJC-HD, ITV-Be HD, CBBC-HD & CBeebies-HD

It's a fault...

Reboot your box once to eliminate a software fault, if symptoms persist there's an underlying fault needing VM to fix. Check for known issues on 0800 5610061, if nothing's reported then best to presume VM don't know about your fault or it's potentially on your installation and only affecting you.

The quickest way to report it is to call - 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or you can wait on here for VM staff to pick up, which might take a couple of days.

martinjm
On our wavelength

I checked on another Tivo box and that has the same problem, so I don't think it's a problem on the V6.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is that another TiVo in your home - i.e. a multiroom box? Or a friend/relative/neighbour?

martinjm
On our wavelength

Yes, in my house.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which probably proves the fault away from the individual box, and onto some common cabling.

Call it in (or wait for forum reply) and get a tech out.

martinjm
On our wavelength

Cheers.

Waiting for a reply please 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @martinjm

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Is this issue still ongoing today? Have you spoken to our team around this since?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs