cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to watch Saw 2 or Saw 3 when using search within itv x app

Black_dog
Dialled in

I have tried to watch the films Saw 2 and 3 using the ITV X app on my V6 box. I am able to search for the films and select them to play but get an error message that there is a problem with the internet connection. Tried a number of times with the same result. Tried resetting the V6 box and the internet connection but still got the same result. 
just tried to watch Saw 3 by accessing it via the on screen option for films and scrolled through and it worked absolutely fine so it appears either there was an issue with the service that has been fixed or there is a glitch in the app. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Black_dog 

I've just tested on my 360 and get exactly the same.

Searching by name for saw 3 within the ITVX app gives the internet connection error, but I can play the movie by going to the Films section in the app, and scrolling down and selecting it.

I tested with a couple of more movies - Blithe Spirit shows as no longer available, or isn't available in your location when performing a search, however you can select and play the movie by going into the film section 

Searching for the Green Mile brings up the there's something wrong with your internet connection, however again you watch it directly from within the Film section

I deduce that it's an ITVX errorthat isn't just applicable to VM  because the search worked for all three movies on my android phone and played the movies, however I got the same error messages as above shen searching for the films on my LGTV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Black_dog 

I've just tested on my 360 and get exactly the same.

Searching by name for saw 3 within the ITVX app gives the internet connection error, but I can play the movie by going to the Films section in the app, and scrolling down and selecting it.

I tested with a couple of more movies - Blithe Spirit shows as no longer available, or isn't available in your location when performing a search, however you can select and play the movie by going into the film section 

Searching for the Green Mile brings up the there's something wrong with your internet connection, however again you watch it directly from within the Film section

I deduce that it's an ITVX errorthat isn't just applicable to VM  because the search worked for all three movies on my android phone and played the movies, however I got the same error messages as above shen searching for the films on my LGTV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave

useful to know it’s not me or the VM app.