Menu
Bubbles85
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unable to sync V6 remote to Sharp

Ive recently purchased a sharp TV and i cannot no matter how i try get my remote to sync with it.

Ive tried code 0999, I've tried all the codes posted and STILL cannot get it to sync. Has anyone got any idea what i can do as currently I'm having to use three different remotes to watch tv which is a pain!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to sync V6 remote to Sharp

Hi Bubbles85, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry you're having some issues syncing your V6 remote to your Sharp TV. 

Can you just confirm exactly what you did to try and sync the remote? Was it done via the help section on the V6 box? 

Let us know, we're keen to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Bubbles85
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes I followed all the steps on the virgin set up help and it still will not sync 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bubbles85,

We are sorry to hear you have hit this bump when trying to programme your TV and V6 remote. Please try to follow the steps bellow and we have a list of codes that you will need to try instead of 0999. 

1. Make sure the TV and your Virgin TV V6 box are switched on
  2. Type in the 4 digit code provided
  3. Press and hold down Clear and TV at the same time, until the light on the top of the remote flashes green twice
  4. Enter the four digit code for your TV's make from the list. The LED should then flash green twice. This shows you’ve entered a valid code
  5. Press Volume Up / Down and Mute to check that the remote is working. If not, repeat the steps above using a different code for your TV from the list
  6. Once you’ve programmed your remote you’ll notice that the light on the top will flash green instead of red when using it for volume and mute control

The list of potential pin codes are as follows (please try them in this specific order):

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Bubbles85
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You obviously haven’t read my post. I’ve tried 0999 AND all the codes posted by virgin. Nothing is working to sync it 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Bubbles85 - sorry that none of the codes have worked; unfortunately this will mean that we have not been supplied with a code for your make and model. 

The codes do get updated frequently so you can check again soon for any extra codes that may have been added. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos