Menu
ajplap
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Unable to record BBC4 The Sinner

For some reason this question was marked as having been answered when in fact there was no clear resolution.

Having found the series "The Sinner" on BBC4 I set a series Link. Non of the episodes record and when I look at options it only shows it as being on Netflix even though is appears on BBC4 listings. Anybody know why? If I set it to record a single episode then the record symbol appears in the listing.  The series link is set at Everything and the programme appears in the iPlayer app to watch but not possible to bookmark.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to record BBC4 The Sinner

THREADS MERGED - Please do not post multiple threads on the same subject.

Forum Staff can look into this if you are still having problems, but I would remove the helpfull answers or they will assume the situation is resolved. Only you can remove these.

They may take several days to respond.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

ajplap
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully someone can give me an answer and solve the problem.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Parts VII and VIII are on BBC4 and 21:00 and 21:40 respectively to set the series link
Home> Search & Discover > Search

You have to select the show name, but simply using SIN and it should be the second item. Scroll right and select Sinner, The, press the right hand arrow and various options should be available, scroll right again so "Create a Series Link" is highlighted, scroll right for options and press OK.
Make sure that "Recordings only" is selected, change Record to "Everything", the default channel is 163 BBC4 HD, change this to "All", which will change Get in HD: if possible. Press the green button and message should be displayed, Press OK. Select Upcoming on my screen it shows both SD and HD versions of the two episodes. This is belt and braces approach as the V6 box will record both the SD and HD versions of the two episodes.

If you have previously recorded an episode in the last month, the V6 box will remember and unless you set a series link to "record everything" it will not record it again and will show up as a duplicate in the Recording Hiccups.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
ajplap
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Because of the issues the only episodes available are the latest. Why is it not picking up the episodes on IPlayer which should show under streamed episodes? I can manually record an episode on BBC4 but the series links do not work and only show Netflix as the place to get the missed episodes no matter what settings I use.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@ajplap wrote:

Because of the issues the only episodes available are the latest. Why is it not picking up the episodes on IPlayer which should show under streamed episodes? I can manually record an episode on BBC4 but the series links do not work and only show Netflix as the place to get the missed episodes no matter what settings I use.

This is definitely an odd one.  Having read this thread yesterday I set up a series link on my TiVo box set just to recordings only and new on BBC4 and it worked.  Planned recordings appeared in the list.  As I didn't actually want the programme I deleted the link, so can't be sure that the planned recordings would have been fulfilled.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@Graham_A wrote:

@ajplap wrote:

This is definitely an odd one.  Having read this thread yesterday I set up a series link on my TiVo box set just to recordings only and new on BBC4 and it worked.  Planned recordings appeared in the list.  As I didn't actually want the programme I deleted the link, so can't be sure that the planned recordings would have been fulfilled.

Same. I've had a series link for this from S1 E1 and not had any problems. I've checked my planned recordings and Saturday's part 7 & 8 are showing up with first-aired-dates of 22/12/18.

I wonder if the OP has tried going into their "manage my series links" option and pushed this one around the list a little. In other words, amending the order of priorities to force a rescheduling process to run. I've had something similar to this happen once or twice over the years, and forcing the scheduler to re-run either by an EPG update or amending a couple of links in the list, has worked every time.

michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@ ajplap BBC iPlayer is not a streaming service in the same way Netfix is. The reason is simple BBC iplayer is free, netflix is a subscription service.

The series link will show up episodes of a show that is obtainable via Netflix and those that are recordable  via the program guide.

Whilst you can download content from the BBC iplayer web pages to computers and mobile devices, you can not record content via the V6 box, all you can do is watch content.

0 Kudos
ajplap
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

In all other series links IPlayer is included in  My Shows as an option to watch. Why not in this case?

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

The BBC sometimes makes full series available on the iplayer before they are broadcast, but not all shows.

The BBC often repeats some shows after they are available on iplayer.

Basically if the BBC do not make a show available on the iplayer until after the first transmission then the option to view the show via a series link on your V6 box will not be present.

0 Kudos