cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to pair V6 remote to V6 Box

Squishy
On our wavelength

Hi,

I have recieved a new V6 remote as the old one was becoming faulty with some of the buttons not functioning correctly.

I have tried to pair the new remote with the V6 box but have been unable to do so. I have paired it to my TV with no issues.

I think the issue is with the V6 box and not the remote, as it does not behave as the instructions say it should.

At the first step when pressing the minus button the power light does not go out, it remains on all the time.  I have tried continuing with the remainder of the instructions but (unsurprisingly) it doesn't work.

Is there another way to pair the remote or is the V6 box faulty?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Squishy, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with pairing a remote.

Please can you try these steps.

If you are still having issues after this please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Squishy 

It's possible that the replacement remote is a refurbished one and still paired with a different TV make so try unpairing the remote.

Hold the TV and Clear buttons together until the light at the top of the remote flashes green twice

Press the thumbs down button 3 times

Press OK, the light at the top of the remote will flash green, after 10 seconds the remote will revert to infra red mode

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Squishy
On our wavelength

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

The remote works fine in infrared mode, but I think it is the V6 box that has the issue as I can not get it into programming mode.

Regards

Squishy

Hey Squishy, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with pairing a remote.

Please can you try these steps.

If you are still having issues after this please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?