cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access virgin media channels through JVC smart tv

madsdud
Just joined

My Virgin Media tv channels used to work, but I have not used them in several months and now they cannot be found.

I used to be able to turn on my JVC smart TV with the remote for the tv, then click on any button on the VM remote and the VM tv settings/channels/etc would appear.

I have tried finding channels on each TV source and switched over which HDMI slot the VM box was connected to but that hasn't done anything. I think the TV is trying to access the Freeview channels (and failing to do that too).

I have two boxes for VM Wifi and TV -- the wifi box is a Hub 3 (I think) and the TV box looks very, very similar but without the slight slant shape (I'm sorry, I have no idea what type, but if it helps I got it in 2017). I've attached a photo if you can tell what type they are by sight.VM stuff.PNG

I've turned everything on and off from the boxes, but no luck with that. There are also no service problems in my area. All cables appear to be secure too.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank-you

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@madsdud 

Looks like you've got a V6 (you can check here ) and there's a few things in your post that would be good to clarify...

1: What do you mean by "haven't used them in several months" - are you saying your TV box has been disconnected and you've now powered it up? It could have been deactivated if so.

2: Assuming your V6 will bootup, you should have an HDMI lead running from it to your TV. Check which HDMI port on your TV it's connected to, and choose that HDMI input on your TV remote. This should pickup the V6's video output - I think you've said "that hasn't done anything" - what shows on your TV when you do this?

If you leave the same HDMI connected, and restart the V6 by toggling the power rocker-switch on the back - does your TV show the "starting up" boot sequence?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Another question: is the V6 connected to the hub?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @madsdud

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your services. 

I have taken a look at the account and the set top box is showing as unreachable. 

Could you clarify the points raised by @japitts and we can take it from there?

If we are unable to communicate with your equipment, a technician will be required. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs