cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uhd channels

Upthetoon
Joining in

I upgraded online yesterday to the uhd movie channel but it has been 24 hours now and I still have no movie channel that has uhd next to it in the TV guide . 
Any help please.

Many thanks 

16 REPLIES 16

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There aren't UHD Sky Cinema channels in the EPG.

The upgrade gives you access to Sky Cinema UHD On Demand
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

I was told that I would also get sky entertainment in uhd , how do I access this .

many thanks 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Again, that content is also in On Demand for the other Sky channels in your TV subscription.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

So could you please tell me how I access these channels and how I know it’s in uhd.

many thanks 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To access the UHD movies press Home > Box Sets & Movies > Movies > scroll down and click on Sky Cinema UHD.

To access Sky On Demand UHD  press Home > Box Sets & Movies > Box Sets > scroll down and click on Sky On Demand UHD

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To access OnDemand content on a TiVo/V6, follow Home > OnDemand and choose the type of programme/boxset/movie you want.

Currently VM have 2 broadcast UHD channels- BT Sport Ultimate on 531 & Virgin UHD channel.

Sky UHD is currently OnDemand only, not a channel number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the help, when I go into on demand then movies then movies uhd they all says that i need to subscribe to watch but I have already subscribed to them , I got through to a member of the technical team yesterday who said that he had resent a signal to my box and I was to turn my box off and unplug for 5 minutes then turn it back on but this did nothing , then he cut me off , 

Had enough now I have my phone , broadband and 3 tv boxes with virgin, but I think I might go over to sky now as am getting nowhere 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So just to clarify... you've added the £6/month UHD VoD add-on... and all 3 of your V6 boxes are saying "subscribe now" on UHD OnDemand programmes?

If so - follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. Follow the prompts and wait 30minutes and see if the programmes work now. If they don't, the add-on hasn't been applied correctly. Unfortunately, only CS can resolve that and you may need to do a "best of 3".

If they work on one of your boxes but not others, that's an account issue too.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I will try that but I only have one of the v6 boxes and two of the TiVo boxes so I am trying to get the uhd channels on the v6 box , last thing to try before I give up as spent all day yesterday trying to sort it