cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB definitiveanswer please

notnamedFred
Tuning in

I need to charge a Bluetooth transmitter via he USB on the back of the V6 box. I have ‘serious’ high frequency hearing loss which means I hear but any other sounds distort my decoding skills mean I have trouble working out what’s said.

1. Will the V6 box allow sound through the plug and optic at the same time?

2. Does the USB supply low voltage?

I have a digital amp that will supply audio to tv or speakers but not at the same time. I’ve tried using the tv usb’s and jack and it works great but only I could hear the tv. The V6 is in a stack and not easy to get to so trial and error is out and everything I’ve read on hear contradicts each other!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ozsat
Superstar

I've had a set of USB powered speakers running on the back of a V6 for a long time where they take their audio from a monitor. I've never seen any issues with the V6 output while using the USB for power.

@notnamedFred wrote:

I need to charge a Bluetooth transmitter via he USB on the back of the V6 box. I have ‘serious’ high frequency hearing loss which means I hear but any other sounds distort my decoding skills mean I have trouble working out what’s said.

I have a digital amp that will supply audio to tv or speakers but not at the same time. I’ve tried using the tv usb’s and jack and it works great but only I could hear the tv. The V6 is in a stack and not easy to get to so trial and error is out and everything I’ve read on hear contradicts each other!

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

ozsat
Superstar

I've had a set of USB powered speakers running on the back of a V6 for a long time where they take their audio from a monitor. I've never seen any issues with the V6 output while using the USB for power.

@notnamedFred wrote:

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What's the make and model of your TV and digital amp?

As for the V6's USB port: note that VM doesn't support its power output so do not rely on it if powering your transmitter is important.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

65” TCL with HDR, hub 3 to a republic of gamers router with line focus.

Sorry forgot 8 channel Marant

You have a Marantz? If so which model? If it has HDMI inputs and an HDMI output you can do this setup to get audio from your speakers:

V6 ---HDMI---> Marantz ---HDMI---> TCL

--

Roger it’s not the most expensive one, I cannot see the back without pulling everything out and I cannot remember if there’s a second usb on the back as well as on the front. It will do Dolby II and Dolby neo 6 plus multi channel stereo, I’ve got 2x3.5” 8hm mid range Bose at the front plus 2x2” peekers for the center, and 2x2 4hm 2.5” rears. To use the front hdmi/usb/medium phoneo and set up I have to leave the door open.

V6…hdmi…>marantz…>TCL

V6…optical…>marantz

4k fire stick…>marantz 

If you can connect the Marantz to the TCL by HDMI there is no need for the optical connection.

--

The sound is better via the optical and I forgot to say the 10” 110w base/sub. Remembering I need clearer sound levels but if I can get this Bluetooth working there’s no reason to make the sound so clear as my wife’s hearing is going (old age and teaching).
PS I cannot have the bass up loud because the windows shake and houses nearby complain, watching football is good it increases the atmosphere 

With settings correct - HDMI should be the same or better than optical. Optical is also limited in what it can do.

@notnamedFred wrote:

The sound is better via the optical and I forgot to say the 10” 110w base/sub. Remembering I need clearer sound levels but if I can get this Bluetooth working there’s no reason to make the sound so clear as my wife’s hearing is going (old age and teaching).
PS I cannot have the bass up loud because the windows shake and houses nearby complain, watching football is good it increases the atmosphere