cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD

GarryE
On our wavelength

Stopped receiving UHD channels, all are coming up HD, impossible to get someone on the phone to fix this, done all the usual, re boot, etc, still no luck, yes a pay for them so why am I not getting them, beyond frustrated, any help would be most welcome

13 REPLIES 13

ozsat
Superstar

In the setting menu ensure your have video output 2160p also ticked.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

GarryE
On our wavelength

Tried that first, won’t let me

GarryE
On our wavelength

Saying it’s not supported

GarryE
On our wavelength

Got through on phone, said there is issues until 10th Feb, but website says area has no issues, can someone at Virgin sort it out, mixed messages or what

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GarryE wrote:

Stopped receiving UHD channels, all are coming up HD, impossible to get someone on the phone to fix this, done all the usual, re boot, etc, still no luck, yes a pay for them so why am I not getting them, beyond frustrated, any help would be most welcome

These two statements could be contradictory - you are either receiving UHD channels (albeit with a problem) or not.

Are you getting an error message/code when you choose a UHD broadcast channel? Or are you able to view them, but they are being downscaled to HD?

Which UHD channel(s), specifically, are you having problems with?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not an issue on my TV 360. Channel 532 showing the biathlon in HLG, as reported by my TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

GarryE
On our wavelength

Hi, can’t get any uhd channels, virgin channel, bt sport ultimate, all showing in hd, when I tried to change in settings it told me 2160 wasn’t available, so I phoned and they said there was work getting carried out and it won’t be fixed till the 10th, . The website says there is no known problems in my area, but guy on phone says there is, hope this is a bit clearer, basically I have to wait 5 days till it works

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So what happens when you select a UHD channel?

It would help us advise, if you can be specific about which channels aren't working, and what error codes you're presented with?

The only scenario that you won't get an error code is if you're able to view these channels, but the issue is with the HD/UHD resolution.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @GarryE 

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? It should be HDCP2.2 compliant.

Also try connecting the HDMI cable to another HDMI port on your TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali