cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD

abbg05700
Tuning in

help please !! ive completed the online form for UHD addon,account adjusted next month with charges etc but no channels !! i phoned customer services and well....i think he thought i was talking about long life milk or something !! what option on the phone is best to get them sorted out ?

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you saying you've requested online to have the UHD-VoD bundle added, and you've had the email confirmation?

If so, then follow (on your V6 menus) Home > OnDemand > BoxSets > UltraHD - and the available programmes will be listed.

There shouldn't be an "Upgrade to watch" if the change has been made.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nope still showing upgrade to watch,annoyed they was quick to add next month extra 6 pound payment and part month.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi abbg05700,

If done over the phone it's usually instant. Any other method is usually within 48 hours, but can sometimes take up to 5 days..

Please try the following using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your online account specifically show the new package active from "now"?

As opposed to your next bill date or suchlike?

What TV package did you change from and to? I know you've mentioned the UHD OnDemand add-on and hinted at channel changes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

im on the ultimate oomph package with 1gig,i upgraded my contract on the 1st of june,i tried to get it free as a addon but after several phone calls it wasnt happening,i used the online application this morning for the UHD,on the phone app it shows a extra charge to be added next month,one full payment and part payment,i cant access my account online as i keep getting error message,been like that for days so im not certain what date it will start.
probably give it 48hrs,whats annoying is ive spoken to several agents on the phone and they had never heard of it !!

ive just checked the email i received and it says starts today

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As mentioned, online changes are usually actioned within 48hours whereas "done by phone" are often immediate.

When you mentioned "no channels" in your first post I presumed that meant the change included some channels being added/removed - it sounds like the only change was the UHD VoD add-on.

There have been some, ahem, "communication issues" with some C/S agents re this add-on.

hi,im up early for work and its working now !! i was probably too impatient !! thank you everyone for your responses.

You will need to check you are actually viewing the broadcasts in UHD. I have noticed that even when the info states the broadcast is UHD that it is actually just HD. Even Virgins own UHD channel is mainly HD.