Menu
arbuthknott
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

UHD Channel 999

Programs on 4K UHD channel very limited especially if your not into House of Cards or Master's of Sex, could really do with some movies planned please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: UHD Channel 999

Hi arbuthknott, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We are always looking at ways to improve our service, hopefully we will have more content in the future. You can check for any news on our products and services here, virgin/custnews. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
grdunn123
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That sounds very reassuring.....not!!!

It's 11 years ago this year since I was able to watch the Beijing Olympics in HD and things haven't really progressed. We still can't watch anything in full HD on the V6 box other than on Youtube or Netflix. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@arbuthknott wrote:

Programs on 4K UHD channel very limited especially if your not into House of Cards or Master's of Sex, could really do with some movies planned please

When you consider Sky has secured exclusive rights to Sony's entire 4K Film catalogue, I doubt you will be seeing many movies in 4K yet.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Highlighted
arbuthknott
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

You can't even show my local itv channel in HD (only Central) so I'm not holding out much hope of getting decent UHD 4K programming any time soon and then I expect when it does eventually arrive my bills will increase by at least a third!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@arbuthknott wrote:

You can't even show my local itv channel in HD (only Central) so I'm not holding out much hope of getting decent UHD 4K programming any time soon and then I expect when it does eventually arrive my bills will increase by at least a third!

Not every ITV region has an HD version.

Also in some regions HD is only available on satellite & not Freeview or Cable. This is down to the broadcast distribution company that runs ITV & BBC regional networks (Arqiva) & is nothing to do with Virgin.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
ozsat
Wise owl
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ITV don't even provide my local ITV news in HD anywhere!

There is very little UHD programming available - what little is available is being snapped up by 4 different platforms.

The exact same complaint "too little UHD content" in the in SkyQ forums.

@arbuthknott wrote:

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
PhilT1
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why are you wanting HD.
heres what i was told
Basically its for americans because their non HD is nowherte as good a quality as our standard TV so they upgraded to HD which is pretty much the same as our standard TV

No HD you are missing nothing... What you see in some movies is better recordin media than once was but if you flick between HD anf standard UK tv any difference you see will be mostly imaginary

hope this gets the bunch out of your panties
0 Kudos
deans6571
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@PhilT1 wrote:
Why are you wanting HD.
heres what i was told
Basically its for americans because their non HD is nowherte as good a quality as our standard TV so they upgraded to HD which is pretty much the same as our standard TV

No HD you are missing nothing... What you see in some movies is better recordin media than once was but if you flick between HD anf standard UK tv any difference you see will be mostly imaginary

hope this gets the bunch out of your panties

......RRRRrrrright.  Smiley Very Happy

Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not difficult to get 4K films, you just have to pay Netflix or Amazon Prime for streaming or buy UHD Blu-ray discs.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos