cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv v6 remote

trepuji
Joining in

My v6 remote has stopped working it's not batteries I've even used an old remote with new  batteries and still will not work 

All sites to fix it say press sources button but there isn't a source button on it or any description of one anywhere 

Anyone help please 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @trepuji 

How to pair TV V6 & Virgin TiVo box remote to the box

• Hold the minus button on the front of your V6 box down for 10 seconds.
  • The white power light on the box will go off as you’re holding the button, once the power light comes back on the box is ready for paring.
  • Now hold the Info button on the remote down for 7 seconds. The light on the remote should flash green twice.
  • Confirm the paring by holding the plus button on the front of the V6 box down until the remote starts beeping. The remote and V6 box should now be paired.

Note: The V6 can also be paired with the remote by accessing the following options and following the on screen instructions:

1. Select Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Devices
  5. Select Remote Control Pairing
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @trepuji 

How to pair TV V6 & Virgin TiVo box remote to the box

• Hold the minus button on the front of your V6 box down for 10 seconds.
  • The white power light on the box will go off as you’re holding the button, once the power light comes back on the box is ready for paring.
  • Now hold the Info button on the remote down for 7 seconds. The light on the remote should flash green twice.
  • Confirm the paring by holding the plus button on the front of the V6 box down until the remote starts beeping. The remote and V6 box should now be paired.

Note: The V6 can also be paired with the remote by accessing the following options and following the on screen instructions:

1. Select Home on the remote
  2. Select Help & Settings
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Devices
  5. Select Remote Control Pairing
Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

trepuji
Joining in

Thanks it did everything you said but it's like the tv picture is infront of virgin tv and i can't turn over so i can't see virgin settings 

So thanks again 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @trepuji 

Double check that your V6 box hasn’t been put into Standby mode by pressing the Home button on the V6 remote.

Most TVs have an input button that says TV/Video, Input or Source on the set itself or on the remote control, or a symbol such as tv remote source symboltv remote source symbol

Try changing the input setting using these buttons, and hopefully the V6 screen will appear.. 

You should also be able to trace the HDMI cable from your V6 to your TV and check the name of the HDMI socket, such as HDMI1, HDMI2 or on some of the older Samsung TV's it will called MHL.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi trepuji

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the remote issues. Will PM you now to help

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi thanks all sorted now it's been a great help 

Hi trepuji, 

Thanks for coming back to us and letting us know things are sorted for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

In the meantime, take care. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs