cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv quality blurry

JF726
Joining in

On most channels the picture quality is blurry and rubbish when in full screen but when I press home on the remote so the screen is small in the top right corner, the quality turns crisp. How do I make it the same quality for in full screen?

6 REPLIES 6

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi do you have a V6 box, what type of TV do you have a 4K one ? what are the video settings set to do you have the right specification HDMI cable. Regards Micky

It is a V6 box and I have a Hisense Roku Tv which is 4K, I’ve followed the settings to get the best quality but it doesn’t seem to work unless the screen is in the top right hand corner or when I’m watching BT

Hi the settings on the V6 should be set to 2160p also if you can tick the 1080p setting on your virgin box, the HDMI cable should be 4K high speed. Regards Micky

I’ll try it, thanks for the help

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say "most channels", are these SD or HD ones? SD channels on a UHD screen will struggle.

Setting your V6 to output at 2160 only, will mean it does all the upscaling regardless of the source. Setting 1080 only will mean your V6 up-scales SD to HD, your TV does the rest.

Enabling 1080 & 2160 is often a good compromise, but you may need to experiment.

If you still have problems, then specific channel names and the make/model of your TV will be useful.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi JF726,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

When customers have TV issues we usually ask them to go through some troubleshooting steps first so we can figure out the issue with your help. These steps are - 

• Check the cables to and from your TV box, Television, power cables etc.
  • Reboot the TV box.
  • If the issues are surrounding On Demand or Apps, check the internet connection is good.
  • If there are any error codes that appear, please let us know what these are.
  • Check for any area outages via this link - Service Checker.
  • Go through the diagnostic tests on your Online Account.
  • Lastly, go through the troubleshooting site here to see if this resolves the issue - Help Website.

However, I have already taken the time to check your services on my side and I could see straight away that your TV box is out of spec. There are Pre RS Error Counts that are causing your problem which will need an engineer to rectify. 

I will be glad to book this in for you today via a PM, which I will send over now 🙂

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L