cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv cutting out

Tmutt
Joining in

Tv pic keeps cutting out for a couple of seconds. Carried out automated checks and nothing wrong. Switched box off and carried out a full factory reset. Changed HDMI cable.

All has worked fine for years. This issue has started just before Christmas.

Can’t get through to a person at the call centre. Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

What model TV have you got please?

Can you try changing the HDMI port in the back of the TV.

It may be worth trying to do a Firmware update on the TV and then complete a full Factory Reset on the TV.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Is it a 4k Tv?

Have you tried lowering the video output settings to 1080p and disabling the 2160p.

Have you tried swapping HDMI for a 4K HDMI?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy 

I am using a 4K HDMI cable but I don’t want to reduce the picture quality.  It’s been working fine with the same tv for 3 years and then this issue has started.

What has changed?

T

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you try changing the video output anyway - if nothing else, it's something to eliminate.

Your TV should upscale to 2160.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Christy

Done that and now have no picture at all. Just sound.

T

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

What model TV have you got please?

Can you try changing the HDMI port in the back of the TV.

It may be worth trying to do a Firmware update on the TV and then complete a full Factory Reset on the TV.

Christy

Picture back after switching box off and on but picture still cutting out intermittently.