cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box

Bren123
Tuning in

My TiVo box constantly drops off WiFi (hub 3metres away line of sight) constantly having to reboot and now stars I have no authorisation to any channels aside from bbc & itv.  Impossible to speak to anyone on phone or message service.  VM really do provide a shocking service to their customers!

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You seem to have 2 separate issues.

Firstly, there is a national fault affecting TV services today - there is a sticky post at the top of all the TV boards explaining this known problem - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/National-TV-Outage/td-p/4877468 

Second, the TiVo box that you're referring to doesn't have WiFi, but has its own inbuilt interent connection which is separate from your home broadband.

If you're not sure which box you have, check here - and perhaps if you could explain the problem you're having with your service, someone can offer some more subtantial advice to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for reply.

Mine is a V6 box, if it’s not connected to my WiFi why does it need password etc., and it’s not just today it appears to happen more and more lately.

it’s just so hard to speak to anyone from Virgin

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your V6 & hub are only 3 metres apart, I'd recommend using an Ethernet cable connection.

But in the meantime, what's the WiFi signal strength? Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Look in the top-right

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hey @Bren123 

You won't be able to check the Network until it is up and running after the power outage this morning.

But as soon as it's back up, follow @japitts directions and post the signal strength so he can help further.

🤞 

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Signal strength about 80-90%

🤷🏻‍♂️

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The recommendation to use Ethernet would still stand, but....

What's the problem you're having with the V6's Internet connection then?