cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box won’t switch on

sheila_w
Tuning in

My tv box will not switch on. I have run all the checks and the website implied I need a new box. I can’t get hold of Virgin to order one. Can you help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sheila_w 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You haven't yet  confirmed which box you have, if you do so we can move your post to the correct forum.

Doing that means a member of VM Staff may pick up your issue quicker and help you (in a day or two) rather than leaving it in the broadband section where it may take 3 or 4 days.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sheila_w 

Have you checked the rocker switch on the back hasn't been turned off?

I also suggest check that you are using the correct HDMI port using the source button on your TV remote, and also try a different HDMI cable.

Please reply letting us know if this helps, and also confirm which box you have so the post can be moved to the correct forum.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I’ve switched it off and on at the back. There is no light on the box at all. There is a light on the adapter so there is current from the wall socket. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @sheila_w 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults you will get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc.

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

You haven't yet  confirmed which box you have, if you do so we can move your post to the correct forum.

Doing that means a member of VM Staff may pick up your issue quicker and help you (in a day or two) rather than leaving it in the broadband section where it may take 3 or 4 days.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

That worked! Thank you. I got through straight away this morning and a new box is on the way!

Hi Sheila_w

Thanks for the update on your issue regarding the set top box and we're happy to hear this has been resolved following you contacting the team. Please let us know how the delivery goes and if you need us again.

Rob