cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tv box stuck in standby

staceysimm550
Joining in

Hi i desperatly need some help my box is stuck on orange light ( standby) since 3pm yesterday afternoon and have 4 kids to keep occupied without a tv 

I have tried all the standard things switch off unplug change batteries nothing changing 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and been through a few diagnostics.

It looks like an engineer will be needed, before I'm able to arrange this I'll just need to confirm a few details with you.

I've sent you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is anything showing on your TV screen when this happens? I'd presume the "Welcome" and then "Starting up" screens?

Any TV box that won't startup or is in the reboot loop, has a fault. The quickest way to report this is to call in. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nothings working tv wont switch on with virgin remote and havent got retail remote virgin said its a software malfunction and will be fixed 10.45 so will have to wait and see

Hi staceysimm550,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've had some issues with your TV service.

Has there been any change since your post on Thursday?

Can you confirm if there are any error messages showing on-screen?

Alex_Rm

No just still on welcome screen 

Thanks for getting back to me,

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and been through a few diagnostics.

It looks like an engineer will be needed, before I'm able to arrange this I'll just need to confirm a few details with you.

I've sent you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

All sorted virgin just sent me new box

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @staceysimm550.

Thank you for the update, I am glad to see that it is sorted for you.

Hope you have a lovely weekend. 

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide