Menu
ALAF
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tv - TiVo Box

TiVo box stuck on ‘installing Software’ page - says restart but comes back to the same page, says check cables but no issue there. It just won’t connect and install, was told last week local issue and new router sent out for slow speeds, but not resolved anything. A week without TV ! 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tv - TiVo Box

Hi ALAF,

Sorry to see you are having prolonged issues with your Tivo.

Try signing into Check service status at the top of the page. You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. It's going to fail the test, the auomated system may send a signal to your box, which again will probably fail. However having done that you may have more luck getting through to the Faults Team as the system should recognise and then hopefully the call will be picked up by an agent.

You can contact the faults Team by calling  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You could also try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ALAF
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Thank you for response - tried contacts just waiting for response now 👍
0 Kudos
Sambathedog2020
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There can be issues with the system and the one we had did this and i found you take everything out and re set it up and try again it might do it can be a bit slow to do the last bits depends on the server it logs on to.

Hope this help.

Keep safe and well.
0 Kudos
ALAF
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - tried this and still no progress, think it’s a faulty box or a server issue at their end as nothing allows it to connect and get past the install page ! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just checking - is this "new VM equipment" - if so it needs to be activated to work - that may not have auto-happened.

The equipment activation number is... 0800 953 9500 - call at 08.00 for best chance of getting through.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
ALAF
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi  

the TiVo box isn’t new, the router is - which is working, but showing as not secure on connected devices. Still no answer from Virgin so going to sit on phone for another hour waiting for operator! 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Sambathedog2020
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alaf
Are you using a hub 3 router?
Can you access the routers interface?
Can the Tivo box see the router?

Might give a route to go if you can give answer to these.
0 Kudos