cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off and on

Jadejwilkins
Joining in

Hi I had virgin installed yesterday morning however it still keeps powering on and off. The WiFi stays on its just the TV 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jadejwilkins 

You've posted in the V6 forum, however all new TV installs are TV360 boxes.

Does the set top box remote control have microphone icon? (picture below)

Do you see any error messages?

Is the box connected to the white coaxial cable?

Have you been able to complete the box set up and connect it to the internet?

360 remote360 remote

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey yes my remote looks exactly the same... Internet works fine everything is connected, the internet doesn't drop out just the TV resets itself and either goes back to the welcome page or goes back to where you were. Everything is plugged in ect 

Hi @Jadejwilkins,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts. 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV box. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

Just to confirm, have you checked here to see if there are any local faults listed? virg.in/service Have you also tried running tests on your TV service to see if this is an individual fault? Are you also able to reboot your hub as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 and let me know if you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I did the checker it says WiFi interference I have moved the WiFi hub to a different place but no different. I also reset the hub this morning again no difference there's no kind of routine it just randomly turns off but the WiFi hub stays white so I assume the WiFi isn't going down its the actual TV box 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jadejwilkins

Thanks for posting on our community forum

So sorry to hear about your issue, how has your service been over the weekend? Have you noticed any improvement?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs