cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Order a New Remote

Scotsman2012
Joining in

Having problems with my remote so trying to order a new one from the website but constantly going round in circles with an error message.

Will I have to call Virgin to get this resolved?

10 REPLIES 10

Steve1701
Rising star

Hey Scotsman2012,

Have you tried ordering through your Account, if not try the following:

Log in to your account > Help > TV > Remote Control Issues > The remote's not working > Virgin TV V6 Box >

Click Next Step, until it asks: Has this solved your issue > Click: No, Need further help > Click: Order New Remote.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

It's when I'm trying to order the new remote that the error message appears.  And has done since last week.

Scotsman2012_0-1633279950830.png

I start the order process again and it just ends up back at this message

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Scotsman2012,

I've had the same issue using Chrome. Sometimes deleting the cache and cookies allows it to progress.

It always seems to work when I use either Firefox or Edge browsers.

You should be able to order a replacement by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of new remote  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

I hadn't gone all the way through the order process given I bought a brand new, unopened one from Amazon, after receiving two that were clearly second hand. I've just tried again and yes, it goes straight to the Error Message.

In the last month alone there have been no fewer than TEN people trying (and failing) to get a new remote sent out.

It's RIDICULOUS that a multi-million-pound company can't make the effort to keep customers happy.

Virgin Media should be ashamed !!! ..... I hope you manage to get one, one way or the other.

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Scotsman2012,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you've experienced issues, when trying to order a new remote control via our website. 

We can certainly order one through for you, if you have not managed to speak to the team to get this arranged already.

Please let us know if you still require assistance with this, and we will happily pop you over a private message to take some details.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't got this sorted yet, could you send me a PM please.

Thanks for coming back to us - Scotsman2012

Please click this link - to order one 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

That's the page on the website that you can't order a new remote from, it keeps showing an error message and asks you to start your order again.  You do that and end up with the error message again then repeat.

Can someone from the forum team send me a private message please so I can get this resolved.

Thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Scotsman2012,

Thanks for your reply, I can get this ordered for you no problem, I will pop you over a PM and we can go from there 🙂 

Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

Zoie