cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring settings from Tivo to V6

scurtis
On our wavelength

Hello,

I did manage to get upgraded from Tivo to V6 (contrary to one of my previous posts), but I'm having trouble transferring the settings from the old box to the V6.

The instructions give a webpage and say to select 'Manage my Tivo' - there is nothing like that on that page. Much searching this forum hasn't come up with a current page that works, either.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks,

Sue.

41 REPLIES 41

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi what settings are you trying to "transfer" as you will have to set the settings on the V6 nothing can be transferred from the old box. Regards Micky

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is a web-based facility that allows copying of settings & series-links between TiVo-powered boxes (TiVo & V6).

But it's not worked for a couple of years now - it says all the right things, but there's no back-end action.

For practical purposes, go on the basis that it can't be done.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

scurtis
On our wavelength

Oh, pooh.

I wish I'd known before I swapped the old box out - I'd've done some screenshots of the series link list.

Thanks for your replies.

Sue.

Hi @scurtis,
Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.
If the activation of the new box was done less than 14 days ago then you should hopefully be able to transfer the settings over, but you won't be able to transfer recordings from one box to another.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

scurtis
On our wavelength

Hi Carley,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it was only three days ago that the box was  swapped.

Given that two learned people in this thread have said it's not possible to transfer the settings (primarily the series links), it would be helpful if you could give me some valid instructions on how to do it, as the ones that came with the box are evidently out of date.

Thanks,

Sue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Carley_S wrote:

If the activation of the new box was done less than 14 days ago then you should hopefully be able to transfer the settings over, but you won't be able to transfer recordings from one box to another.

@Carley_S  I hate to say this, but I refer you to post-3 above.

The website that claims to do this, says all the right things - but it doesn't work. Hasn't done for a couple of years now.

@scurtis  The only links I can find, are now dead - even less encouraging. If Carley can find a working link or you can post a photo of the instructions you've received, I would love to be proven wrong.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi all

Just an update that I'm looking into this further as it's been brought to my attention that this process does not seem to be working. 

I'll update here again when I either have the new/correct process to perform this transfer or confirmation to whether this is something we no longer offer. Sorry for any miscommunication on my part here. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

scurtis
On our wavelength

Thanks very much, Carley.

scurtis
On our wavelength

Bit of an update.

I was having problems with webmail, so cleared down cookies and restarted the browser. As well as sorting out webmail, I can now see the Manage my Tivo page, which wasn't loading before. The copying still didn't work, but it seems getting the right page was my problem - sorry!

Sue.