cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer series links from deactivated Tivo box to new V6 box

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength

I have tried to transfer my series links from my tivo box to my V6 box using https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/copy/ several times. Every time I do it I get a message saying Success wait 30 mins. When I check 30 mins later nothing has transferred.

As I now have less than a week before my deactivated tivo box is removed forever from the website will Virgin be extending the 14 day limit so that I don't lose my series links if this fault is not fixed soon?

75 REPLIES 75

I don't think it was ever fixed.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thanks ozsat.  That is annoying 😞

It would be great to know if there is any chance of it working, or whether I am wasting my time trying.

Still not working for me.

It's several months later and I'm in the same position - I've tried repeatedly to transfer my series links from my old (and working but now deactivated tivo) to the new V6 that was delivered yesterday.

Can any member of the public please let me know if they successfully got the transfer of series links to work using http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/ in the last few months or am I completely wasting my time and getting up hope?

Can anyone in virginmedia please give an update on ticket F008234240 - was there a resolution, if the ticket was closed can a new one please started or can you reopen the ticket.

I've tried running this on multiple browsers and different computers but each time get this same message

but nothing ever happens - no serieslinks are ever transferred

Any feedback would be appreciated

Hi JennyCide, as you probably suspected it still isn't fixed.

Not sure why it takes months to get this working again, but there you go.

Today I can't even get to http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/ 

The optimistic side of me wants to believe that is because it's being worked on but the realistic side of me assumes it's just snafu.

Anyone from Virgin able to comment?  Or able to give an update on ticket F008234240 ?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi JennyCide,

This link is working for myself, however I already have a V6 so didn't click it all the way through customer/getyourtivo 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

thanks for that but not sure of the relevance - the link I posted as not working is https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/ which is the site to manage your V6 and has a page to transfer settings/serieslink from the old tivo to the new V6.

Virgin claim to have this service but it doesn't seem to work and I would like a response from someone in Virgin with any update on the service

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again JennyCide,

I just glanced at the end of the url tivo/boxswap and put two and two together and made five, so apologies.

I've tried the link now using Chrome and Microsoft Edge and it didn't go anywhere.

I tried using Firefox and it worked, however I can't test if it's working as I only have V6 boxes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@newapollo wrote:

I tried using Firefox and it worked, however I can't test if it's working as I only have V6 boxes.

That's a step up from me - I have to use a Private Window in Firefox.

I have V6 boxes too, which AFAIK are TiVo-based and certainly used to sync. Plus they show as TiVo boxes on the page.