cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer series links from deactivated Tivo box to new V6 box

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength

I have tried to transfer my series links from my tivo box to my V6 box using https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/copy/ several times. Every time I do it I get a message saying Success wait 30 mins. When I check 30 mins later nothing has transferred.

As I now have less than a week before my deactivated tivo box is removed forever from the website will Virgin be extending the 14 day limit so that I don't lose my series links if this fault is not fixed soon?

75 REPLIES 75

@ChipButtie wrote:

@LeMarchand - this is a known issue - if you look at the post 2 weeks ago from @Katie_WT from the Forum Team, they said

"after seeing a few more posts about this over the weekend, we have checked this with our Tv team who have confirmed this is now being investigated.  It has been raised under reference number F008234240"

I posted on here last weekend to see if there was any news on a release date for this to be fixed as the clock is ticking for me to copy over from my old box - 7 days left..... I guess this won't be fixed any time soon and I will have to start again - VERY disappointing as I have been with these guys for almost 20 years

Exactly - they supposedly started an official investigation into this over a fortnight ago - have likely known about the system-wide problem for far longer - and still haven't had the decency to come back onto a very active thread to provide an update. But that's probably because nobody at Liberty can be bothered getting their fingers out their **bleep** passages to sort it - as per usual.

Thoroughly rude and utterly pathetic on all levels.

For me - I have had new boxes over the years and as there was no way in the past, I've took notes of what I needed to re-establish and got on with it.... This time, they said you could simply get them copied over - should have ignored that and made my own notes of what needed to be re-setup - I didn't - I took them at their word. Never again.

So are you suggesting we should all actually have made a document of our series links that we've amassed over the years (350+ in my case), in the event this mechanism stopped working as it always has done in the past - and manually updated every time we added a new one?

Bollocks to that. It's just another function of the supposedly premium service they sell - for certainly premium prices - like any other. And for what we all pay, it shouldn't break down in the first place - never mind take this long to fix.

They can simply compensate us all for the massive inconvenience. And if they then permanently lose all our data - regardless of their arbitrary two week window of nonsense - they can can compensate us all double again.

LeMarchand
On our wavelength

So, any movement on this? It's been three weeks since the fault was acknowledged.

Could it be something as simple as incorrect write permissions on the boxes?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LeMarchand wrote:

So, any movement on this? It's been three weeks since the fault was acknowledged.

Could it be something as simple as incorrect write permissions on the boxes?

It's actually been a bit longer than 3 weeks since the fault was first raised. I'm sure if it was a simple fix, that VM would have fixed it by now.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi there @Funky_Gibbon

Thanks for popping back - after seeing a few more posts about this over the weekend, we have checked this with our Tv team who have confirmed this is now being investigated. 

It has been raised under reference number F008234240; once we have any updates, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Cheers

Is there an update on this problem? It is now over a month since this was reported and there have been no updates so far as promised.

Thanks

Hello
I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have a replacement TIVO box sitting here ready to go which I was going to activate tonight then copy over ~100 series links from the existing [glitchy] Tivo box.  Can I confirm this issue is still not fixed please?  I may well persevere with the old box if that's the case until it is, I really haven't got the stomach to transfer over that may series links manually.  Reading this thread so far though isn't filling me with confidence this is going to be fixed any time soon...

It hasn't worked at all since the start of this thread - and when it did work with was nowhere near 100%.

I would take a copy of the list you have and do them manually.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

As it looks like Virgin are not going to provide an update for this problem any advice as how to proceed next would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone had success with complaint to Ofcom? Is ASA or Watchdog worth a try?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ofcom only deal with individual complaints that have exhausted VM's complaints process and been issued a deadlock letter. If you want to complain to any other media organisation that's upto you, but if you had series links on old boxes they are now irretrievably lost and nothing's going to bring them back.

Far easier to just create new series links on your new box.

Does anyone know if this is still an ongoing issue ?

I've just gone through the process and it says to wait 30 minutes, but although the 30 minutes have only just passed nothing is showing yet.

I see there is a fault recorded under reference number F008234240.  Did this get resolved as I see there is no update on here.