cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer series links from deactivated Tivo box to new V6 box

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength

I have tried to transfer my series links from my tivo box to my V6 box using https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/copy/ several times. Every time I do it I get a message saying Success wait 30 mins. When I check 30 mins later nothing has transferred.

As I now have less than a week before my deactivated tivo box is removed forever from the website will Virgin be extending the 14 day limit so that I don't lose my series links if this fault is not fixed soon?

75 REPLIES 75

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ChipButtieIf your old box was deactivated more than 14days ago, then those SLs have now gone I'm afraid.

If it was less than 14days ago, then the only thing you can do is keep trying the SL copy until 14days is up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Only replaced the box 2 days ago and tried about 10 times already over the last couple of days... don't expect any change to that over the next 12 days - unless they fix, what I believe is, a programmatic issue. Hence the post and question about a fix date @japitts

LeMarchand
On our wavelength

Using a browser it looks like it should be possible to copy series links, wishlists and thumbs from box to box. Every time I try it claims success, but the newer entries never seem to be copied.

Has anyone for this working? I'm trying to keep copies of recordings on a backup box for when the HDD I evitably fails on my main one.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Already being discussed over at existing thread 

It's a known fault in-hand with the relevant teams, so all you can do is to keep trying the transfer process until it either works, or the 14day period is up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

DebonairDave
Tuning in

Aye, currently being shafted in exactly the same way, myself. Shafted by Liberty-Virgin - how ironic...

It's bad enough the kit failed for a £115+ subscription/month - budget telecoms bollocks instead of the decent Samsung and Netgear kit they used to provide.

It's even worse that the very decent and friendly engineer asked, but wasn't permitted by his boss to let me keep the old box to stream to my new, a full 1TB worth of stuff I hadn't yet watched or wanted to keep - far less of a "security risk" now there's no working HDMI port to "pass the recordings on".

It's utterly pathetic that the function to transfer series links is no longer working, leaving high-paying, loyal subscribers with nothing else but to try to manually reestablish masses of series links (~350 - 6 years' worth in my case). Had I known this, combined with losing my recordings, I'd most certainly have kept the old box and at least tried to get output via the s-video port, while I looked at alternative options.

But now - after realising IT have bollocksed it up with no intention of fixing it anytime soon - it's frankly cowardly, cretinous and downright pitiful how Liberty and their support staff (whose sole purpose is to communicate with customers) are happy to simply admit this, then run away with no further explanation. 

Excrement, Liberty. Pure, unadulterated vomit and excrement.

Were it possible - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWE-oaP5mwg.

Thank you. I did see that thread, but the problem there seems to be people who have a box that has failed trying who are trying to copy the settings to a replacement device. Please merge the threads if this is felt to be exactly the same thing.

I have two working boxes that I have had for years. I have been trying to sync for months (with a break for when NTL addresses were blocked from signing in) but nothing seems to happen. I'm trying to ascertain whether anyone has successfully synced of late as, especially given the problems on the other threads, I'm beginning to suspect the function is broken. I'm also starting to wonder if it is related to the non-VM account sign-in problem that was recently resolved.

Either way, anyone care to test? Does adding a series link, wishlist or thumb and syncing work for you, and what is the @ part of your address?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LeMarchand 

The problem seems to be any situation where you're trying to copy SLs, settings or thumbs from one box to another.

The reason for copying from an old box - i.e. fault, swapout, doesn't appear to be relevant.

And for what it's worth, I login to all things VM-online using my own domain email - no virginmedia.com, ntlworld or blueyonder anywhere in sight - so I don't think that comes into it.

@japitts wrote:

@LeMarchand 

The problem seems to be any situation where you're trying to copy SLs, settings or thumbs from one box to another.

The reason for copying from an old box - i.e. fault, swapout, doesn't appear to be relevant.

And for what it's worth, I login to all things VM-online using my own domain email - no virginmedia.com, ntlworld or blueyonder anywhere in sight - so I don't think that comes into it.

Thanks for the info. So the function is broken for everyone?

Yep. But as I said, instead of coming on here, admitting the network-wide problem and updating us with regard to what they're doing to fix it, Liberty simply creep off to hide in a hole - because that's all they're capable of and don't care to try harder.

Just another example of what bags of excrement they are.

They can either give me several months' credit at at a minimum, or I'm off to Sky.

@LeMarchand - this is a known issue - if you look at the post 2 weeks ago from @Katie_WT from the Forum Team, they said

"after seeing a few more posts about this over the weekend, we have checked this with our Tv team who have confirmed this is now being investigated.  It has been raised under reference number F008234240"

I posted on here last weekend to see if there was any news on a release date for this to be fixed as the clock is ticking for me to copy over from my old box - 7 days left..... I guess this won't be fixed any time soon and I will have to start again - VERY disappointing as I have been with these guys for almost 20 years

For me - I have had new boxes over the years and as there was no way in the past, I've took notes of what I needed to re-establish and got on with it.... This time, they said you could simply get them copied over - should have ignored that and made my own notes of what needed to be re-setup - I didn't - I took them at their word. Never again.