cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer series links from deactivated Tivo box to new V6 box

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength

I have tried to transfer my series links from my tivo box to my V6 box using https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/copy/ several times. Every time I do it I get a message saying Success wait 30 mins. When I check 30 mins later nothing has transferred.

As I now have less than a week before my deactivated tivo box is removed forever from the website will Virgin be extending the 14 day limit so that I don't lose my series links if this fault is not fixed soon?

75 REPLIES 75

ozsat
Superstar

Already under discussion at - Unable to swap series links to new V6 box  

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

I have seen that discussion, my problem is slightly different, the website appears to work fine every time and my old tivo & new V6 are appearing. The fault with my tivo was with the on demand. There was no problem with series link so they should be transferring. I was hoping I would get a reply to my question from Virgin as it seems very unfair if customers lose their series link because there is a fault during the short 14 day window for transferring them. It seems the obvious solution is for Virgin to keep the details for old boxes available for longer so we can do the transfer when this fault is fixed.

Hi Funky_Gibbon,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry you've had problems transferring over your settings from your TiVo to your V6 after using the link. 

After having a look, we're not going to be able to get the settings transferred over for you. I do apologise for any inconvenience with this.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi Melissa

Thanks for your post, I think you have misread my question I did not ask you to transfer my settings. I would like to be able to do it myself using https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/copy/. Is it not possible to keep my series links on my deactivated tivo box on your website for longer so that I can transfer them when the fault is fixed? As over 120 people have viewed my question lots of other people are also having the same problem and would like a full explanation of the problem.

Hi,

I know, sorry I think my response didn't explain it well enough.

If you haven't been able to transfer the settings via the link yourself then this wouldn't be possible now. Sometimes the box swap isn't completed correctly, and so it means the settings wouldn't be able to be transferred. 

I'm sorry it's not better news.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi

Why isn't it possible to transfer my settings now?

My old box is still available for a few more days. If the box swap isn't completed correctly why I am not seeing an error message to tell me this?

The only message I get is "Success! Your request has been added to the TiVo queue. Check your box in approximately 30 minutes."

Please can someone reply to my questions

Thanks

My old box will be removed forever in a few hours as it it is nearly 14 days since it was deactivated.I have tried it every day without any success. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Funky_Gibbon

Thanks for popping back - after seeing a few more posts about this over the weekend, we have checked this with our Tv team who have confirmed this is now being investigated. 

It has been raised under reference number F008234240; once we have any updates, we'll be sure to let you know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I take it this is a known issue then requiring a fix?   There is this thread and another one https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Unable-to-swap-series-links-to-new-V6-box/td-p/432...  both unable to copy over settings... 

I have come to this forum post as I am having the exact same issue.. I have tried on many occasions to get these transferred over yesterday and today to no avail.  I have a replacement TiVO6 box.

Do you have an expected fix date? I have quite a number of series links that I have not took a manual copy of as I was informed this would copy over and now the old box is not accessible. 😡