cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer series links from deactivated Tivo box to new V6 box

Funky_Gibbon
On our wavelength

I have tried to transfer my series links from my tivo box to my V6 box using https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/copy/ several times. Every time I do it I get a message saying Success wait 30 mins. When I check 30 mins later nothing has transferred.

As I now have less than a week before my deactivated tivo box is removed forever from the website will Virgin be extending the 14 day limit so that I don't lose my series links if this fault is not fixed soon?

75 REPLIES 75

kheaton
On our wavelength

Hi

I got a V6 box last week to replace an old Tivo box.

I followed the instructions on this page (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-copy-tv-box-settings-to-another-box) to copy over the settings (series links, wishlists, etc.).

The 'Copy Tivo settings' page shows my old box as deactivated and the new one as active. I select the old one to copy settings from, and the new one to copy settings to, select the items to copy and Confirm the copy. The message I get says 'Success! Check your box in 30 mins time'. I first tried this 2 days ago, and have tried it repeatedly since. But nothing has appeared on the new box.

Has anyone managed to get this to work? The page above implies it can be done.

Any advice would be appreciated.

C_Butcher86
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

Its my understanding that you can only transfer like for like, for example from a V6 to a V6, this may be why its not working.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

If that is the case they really need to make the wording on that page clearer!

Do you know if there's anyway to get a list of what your old series links were? I had hundreds and have only remembered about 10 so far!

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I upgraded from Tivo to V6 I copied all my sereies links accross 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Copied over from my TiVo to the V6 too. I do remember some people saying it took them several attempts to get it to work and even then not all links copied over.

I had no issues myself though, although this was around 3 years ago.

kheaton
On our wavelength

Good to know it's possible.

Is there anything Virginmedia can do to force it to copy the settings across?

I've tried again this morning, but still no joy.

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try home-help-settings-network connect

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

kheaton
On our wavelength
Just tried that and it ran through the whole connection successfully, but still no series links.
Is it possible that the egineer who activated the new box wiped the old one remotely? (I still have it).

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

the series links are in the cloud, I there is a limited time they remain there after the box is deactivated, I think about a week, it could be that server maintenance isn't being done and that's causing the isssue (i am guessing)