cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo issues with box

shellejune
Joining in

For the last week our tivo box has decided to start resetting itself every 3-4 hours and also not letting netflix or amazon load - really annoying as cant get through to virgin either - any help ??

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that's restarting that often has a fault.

There's 2 ways you can report faults..

1: Call in on 150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

2: Wait around here for VM staff to pickup, this might take a couple of days.

What's the problem you're having with calling through?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response - ive tried calling virgin and all i get is an automated message to check my cables etc and they send me a link to check my tv box connection - im not able to get through go a person

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The IVR is great.....

After you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any more options or buttons and just wait.

Ignore the offer of a text message, automated link or whatever else is flavour of the week and just wait.

The queue for a CS agent should beckon....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shellejune

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about the TiVo box 

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, I have sent you a private message to gain account access

Please ignore it if you don't require any assistance

Gareth_L

Thank you i have replied

Hi Shellejune

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for the Tv issue  – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via theMyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Gareth_L

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Be sure to keep us updated with how your tech visit goes @shellejune 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs