cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo boxes not talking to each other properly

PommieSheila
Tuning in

We have 2 TV's connected to 2 Tivo boxes.

We can view the other Tivo box from both TV's and see all of the recorded shows, yet when we try to play the recorded show's we get an error message:

Problem Playing Video

There was a problem playing "<insert show name>". Please try again. (V401)

How do we resolve this please? It's becoming a pain 😪

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Try this for me on both boxes;

Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi PommieSheila,

The Help pages for error v401 TV error codes   show the following:-

Step 1 - Check your connections

You'll need to check that your TV box is connected correctly. Make sure the white cable coming out of your TV box is firmly connected. 

If your TV box is connected to your hub make sure the white wire going into your hub is also tightly connected. Your hub should also be in the upright position.

Step 2 - Reboot your TV box

You will need to reboot your TV box, to do this simply turn it off and on again as shown in the picture here. ( Shows a picture of the ON/Off switch on the back of the box)

After following these steps are you able to watch TV again?

If the answer is No then, 

Please get in touch with a member of our helpful team

We will be able to run some further checks our end to get your TV service back up and running again.

Call 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or call 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Each Tivo box is working on it's own.

Each box can view what is recorded on the other box.

The problem is when trying to play something that's recorded on the other box.

Is this likely to fix that issue? As I say, each box is working and connected OK when not looking at the other box 😑

A weak WiFi signal on one of them can cause this.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thanks for the info. How would we resolve this?
The boxes are only about 8 metres apart. I thought both were wired into the internet?
I am using WiFi on my computer at the 2nd box and that doesn't seem to be a problem so I'm not sure why it would be on the Tivo box?

Anonymous
Not applicable
COnnect the tivo by ethernet cable or power line not wifi. that should solve weak wifi problems

Hi PommieSheila

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the service issue. Were you able to try out the communities recommendations to fix this? Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

After performing the reset we now have 2 boxes that can't even see each other.

Before they could see each other, see what was stored, but we had issues watching the stored programmes.

Now we have no connection between the 2 at all.

How do we fix this please? 😭

Try this for me on both boxes;

Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks. We seem to be up and running again now 😁