cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo box loses picture for a couple of seconds then picture comes back

Kevreb
Joining in

Hi

Picture goes on and off constantly but only for a couple of seconds done a re-set made no difference

bit of a pain

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved the thread to the V6 board 🙂

Have you tried another HDMI port on your TV and/or another HDMI lead? Sometimes the simple checks can help.

Do you have problems with VoD content? If it is a video/HDMI issue, I'd expect all output to be affected. If not, I'd be interested in any specific channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First thing's first - which box do you have? Some of your past posts refer to a V6, but you've posted in the TiVo board and the 2 boxes are different. Check at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box if you're not sure and want to compare them.

Second... is this happening on... live TV? In which case which channels (including SD/HD)? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

Does the sound drop out at the same time? Is this a new problem - how long have you had the issue?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi

Its a Virgin V6 Box

It loses picture and sound on both Live TV and watching recorded programs but seems to happen more frequent when watching a recorded programs

It has been doing it for about 3 weeks but happened so little i was not to bothered but it is getting worse and can go on and off 6 or7  times in about a minute

Have tried doing a re-set but no change.

thanks

rgds

kevin

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved the thread to the V6 board 🙂

Have you tried another HDMI port on your TV and/or another HDMI lead? Sometimes the simple checks can help.

Do you have problems with VoD content? If it is a video/HDMI issue, I'd expect all output to be affected. If not, I'd be interested in any specific channels.

Hi

Will try these suggestions and get back to you .

Thanks

Rgds

Kevin

Hi @Kevreb

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you managed to run through the advice from the very helpful @japitts ?

How did you get on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Tried swopping HDMI leads and different ports on the TV fault still present but only when i am playing back a recorded program.

Rgds

Kevin

Hi @Kevreb,

Thank you for getting back to us with some more details on this.

I am really sorry to hear that the issue is ongoing. To clarify, does the sound and picture disappear for a few seconds and come back with an error message appearing at any point at all? If it does, can you please confirm what the error message is? Feel free to provide a photo of it for us.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd also be interested in whether any programmes/recordings from any specific channels are affected?

Hello Kevreb

How are things looking now

Any chance of a photo at all 

Sop we can get this resolved 

Gareth_L