Menu
MB68
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Tivo box deleting all recordings in 24 hours - 3 days

Just noticed that everything recorded on my Tivo box that was older than a few weeks was due to delete in 24 hours or 3 days. I don`t understand where that had come from because as a default I always set recordings to until I delete or need space. The box was only on 30 percent so no where near full and requiring anything to be deleted to create space. Almost all of our recordings were about to delete, this was items from a around one month ago to one year ago when we had the box. so this was nothing to do with when they were recorded. I have now sorted it out on my box by going through and manually changing everything to until I delete, I am just glad i spotted it when i did otherwise we would have lost everything. I would love to find out why everything changed and to be able to ensure this doesn't happen again and to make others aware.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tivo box deleting all recordings in 24 hours - 3 days

This (normally) happens when the box is "predicting" what will happen - i.e. if everything you have planned to record in the next few days is kept and not deleted then it'll run out of space and have to start deleting older stuff.

If you usually watch & then delete recent recordings, hence keeping your box at a lower % of space used then it doesn't normally actually delete them.

The last time I saw this kind of widespread indication that there would be a mass deletion it was when my young son managed to setup the box to record all five full days of a cricket test match in HD, plus additional time on each because it was live!  The box then was predicting it would run out of room and so theoretically would need to start deleting older stuff to make way for the 5 days of cricket.

Perhaps you have something big (or many things) as planned recording(s) in the next few days that if all were kept then space could be an issue?  Even so, normally only the necessary space would be cleared, not actually everything.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos