cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 lights?

logindetails
On our wavelength

I've recently upgraded from the old Tivo box + Superhub 2 to Tivo V6 + Superhub 5.

I have no problems with the Superhub 5 but something is not !00% with the Tivo V6 box.

The Tivo V6 is connected to the hub via ethernet cable.
When it is switched off via the remote the power light glows red - no other lights illuminate even if the box is recording.
When switched on via the remote the power light glows a solid orange which apparently means there is a network problem.

There is no network problem - Settings > Network > Diagnostics etc all check out without error. I can access On Demand and Catch Up TV, Games etc and everything appears to be working as it should - except for the lights.

As well as the power light being a solid orange when the box is ON the lights under the translucent panel in the middle of the box never illuminate not even when recording.

I've tried resetting the box and powering off/on at the mains but the lights issue persists. Can anyone tell me what the problem is?

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

There are no recording lights on a V6 box, and from memory as I have 360, (same box different software), you have flashing lights with a network problem but I will be corrected if wrong on that. 🙂

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think you have a problem, but a photo of the light you're concerned about, may help.

There's a little symbol of 2 orange arrows on the front panel of the V6 that lights up when internet connectivity is lost - but if you are able to use VoD then that's self evidently not the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@japitts wrote:

I don't think you have a problem, but a photo of the light you're concerned about, may help.

There's a little symbol of 2 orange arrows on the front panel of the V6 that lights up when internet connectivity is lost - but if you are able to use VoD then that's self evidently not the case.

I must have imagined the flashing, maybe they should make them flash to highlight a problem.

The hub flashes.

logindetails
On our wavelength

My Tivo V6 box has 3 lights:
The Power/Status light to the right of the Virgin infinity symbol and two small lights to the left of the infinity symbol.
One of the smaller lights is a WiFi symbol so I don't expect that one to light up as it is not connected to WiFi. I don't know what the other small light is for.

From what I have read the Power/Status light can be:
Red = Off
White = On
Solid or Flashing Amber = Network/Broadband Fault
Flashing Green = Downloading update
Blue = ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Red is off and white is on, yes.

Network connectivity is an orange arrow in the centre console, not the status LED.

If your VoD works, you have no connectivity issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello logindetails

Thanks for posting your V6 light query, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

Has this changed since your post? As japitts has advised, if you're able to use the On Demand services there is no connectivity issues to the box. Is the issue impacting any other devices connection wise?

Rob

@Rob,  No, nothings changed, I still would like to know why the led is orange rather than white when the V6 box is ON - is there an underlying problem that needs attention?  

If I check VM Status on the website I get:

TV
There's a TV issue in SA1 XXX.
Thanks for your patience while we work to fix things as quick as we can.
We hope to fix this by 4 April at 12:00
Our technician is in your area and is working to fix things.
Catch Up 4 Ondemand only Showing 3 days.. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.
We'll send you text updates on this issue.

It's been saying the same thing since February, always saying it will be fixed the same or next day.  I can only see 3 days of Catch Up 4 On Demand so could this be the cause of the led problem - will the led go white once the problem has been fixed?

Perhaps you could chase VM up and find out why it is taking them so long to fix the issue? 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi logindetails 👋

The amber light on a V6 box can indicate that the box is booting. It can also resemble an aged LED - if all services are working as intended, then there won't be any underlying issues. I've had a look on our side, and also can't see any problems.

As mentioned previously, there are also no lights to indicate recording on the V6 box, and you can find out more about the lights (and their meanings), here.

In regard to the issue you've mentioned relating to Catch Up 4 On Demand, any information provided on the service checker is the same information we'd be able to provide.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ