cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 box - power saving and streaming login need setting everyday

JayAy
Dialled in

I have top reset the Power Saving setting and log in to iPlayer Netflix and Amazon services every day. 

I suspect that the box is resetting/rebooting over night, but cannot find any way to see when the box last restarted. Is there anyway to find out this information on the V6?

Any suggestions of how to fix this? Is it worth are hard reset (loosing all saved recordings of course) to see if that fixes the issue of loosing the power saving and login settings?

If a replacement box is needed I'll loose the recordings anyway.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, there's the TiVo box and there's the V6 box - they both run the same software but are commonly referred to separately. If your box has Amazon Prime, it's the V6.

I'm not sure what you mean by "have to reset the power saving setting"? I don't recall having to re-login to iPlayer when my V6 last restarted, so this isn't necessarily the cause.

The easiest way to check if the box has recently restarted is to press the "info" button and scroll down to the bottom panel, where the info on each of the 6 recording tuners is shown. When a V6 restarts, one tuner is set on the last channel you were watching, the other 5 will tune to Ch998, the "What's new on Virgin TV" promo reel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks. It's a V6 running Tivo - hence posted in the V6 board.

I'll check the diagnostics as you mention (short cut for others Home button and 9 on the remote) as I hadn't spotted the Ch998 pattern - that will be helpful, Thanks.

Re: Power Saving. The box is "Forgetting" the Power Saving settings I have set (I don't want the default setting, so change it each time) and the Power Savings screen comes up as you go into Help and Settings - this seems to be the sort of behaviour on first boot to push the "green" credentials of the V6 towards the user. All logins for the streaming services are also forgotten, but no other settings. 

Anyway, I'll check the tuners, as suggested, next time it happens to see if there's been a restart. 

Hi there @JayAy

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to see this is happening! 

Can I ask if this happens when you have a recording set up or every night? Also have you been able to try the advise given by japitts at all? 

Thank you. 

My power setting is "Always on" and I put it on standby when not using the V6. It's worth trying this.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The box continued behaving as described for about another month, then was fine until about November when it starting to reset in the same way requiring all logins again, but not every night, just once or twice a week. Then it stopped again in early January and hasn't done it since. No idea what has been causing the problems - maybe software update problems and multiple retries, but I'm just guessing. Anyway, it's OK at the moment.

Hi JayAy, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating your thread. 

We're glad things are working as they should be for now. If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know so we can help you further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs