cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 Stopped working

Fishdy025
Joining in

Hi, hopefully someone can help. After a large bang of thunder today all our electric went off and then on again. The only thing that didn't come back on was the V6 box. After some trying I got it back on but it isn't detected by the TV so I have no signal on the source. I have tried all other sources and Swapped hdmi from one device to another but no luck. I have 2 red arrow lights showing, red WiFi light and white power light. The app and 2nd tivo box sometimes see it but when they do it shows all shows are gone and HD is empty.

Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A fried box then! Either wait around (might be 24-48 hours on current form) for the staff team to pickup, or call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've got the white power-light, then your V6 is at least powering up. If you select the appropriate HDMI source on your TV, do you get the "Welcome" & "Starting up" screens?

The arrow lights sound like your V6 is connected to your homehub (for internet) by wireless. The internet connection is - IIRC - part of the latter stages of the boot sequence, but you should still see some of the "starting up" screens.

If, as is possible, your HDD has failed - then you'll need to call Virgin to report this. 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have no screen at all on any hdmi source. I have Swapped to another TV and get the same thing. The box was and still is connected directly with ethernet cable so shouldn't be WiFi. Either way I have no way of see what the box is doing.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A fried box then! Either wait around (might be 24-48 hours on current form) for the staff team to pickup, or call in.

Thanks for your help. I have an engineer coming in 2 weeks. Was hoping I could get it working. Support over the phone didn't even ask about the light. They wanted to send me an hdmi lead. I fear I have lost all my tv shows. It's great having 100s of hours recorded to watch any time until this happens. I suppose now I am free to explore sky's deals at least! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

2 weeks is quite a lengthy wait - you can check for earlier cancellations if you login to your "myVirgin Media" online account, and check your appointments in there.

Hi Fishdy025, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with your V6 box. 

It is frustrating when issues such as this happen and more often than not, getting an engineer out to you is the best thing to do. We will usually offer you the next available appointment however we realise this isn't always suitable for you so would offer another. 

Checking the account it does look as though there is some availability a few days earlier than the appointment already booked. If you log in to My VM you will be able to check these out and reschedule the appointment yourself. 

If you're unable to do this or are unsure on how to do this, just reply to the message I have sent you 🙂 Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Fishdy025, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I understand now why the need for the 2 week wait. I hope you enjoy your holiday 🙂

In terms of swapping the box, the engineer will only do this as a last resort. I completely get the frustration and the thought of losing your recordings but sometimes this is necessary to get things working again. 

The engineer will have a look at things and go from there. 

Please pop back and let us know how the visit goes. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs