cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo V6 Box Keeps Rebooting

walkalone72
Tuning in

Our main Tivo V6 box keeps rebooting. It will stay on for about an hour and then will reboot randomly - sometimes it will just reboot and then work straight away - other times it will reboot a few times before coming back to life. 

Have tried switching power off for a while, cleared cache but is doing it often now. 

Third time tonight it has happened - any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'd suggest calling VM to report it, your V6 has a fault.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or you can wait on this board for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

Chances are that you'll need a tech visit and/or replacement box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi walkalone72, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues your equipment randomly rebooting. I appreciate this must be quite frustrating! 

I have attempted to take a look at the equipment from our side to run some diagnostic checks but the box is currently showing unreachable. 

Can you please confirm if the box is powered up? If not, please let us know when it will be and we can take a look 🙂 

Thank you 

Nat

Hi There

Thanks for the replies - sorry for slow response as I have just got back from holiday. 

The main box is not working at all now. The box upstairs is fine, just the box that was having issues now will not even power on at all.

Is is possible to get help on here?

Thanks

Hi walkalone72

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies for the delayed reply.

Both boxes are showing as non-contactable today - are you still having issues or are they just turned off? 

Let me know either way. Hope you had a great holiday 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill