Menu
wrongsideof40
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tivo Rolling Recordings - Not as comprehensive as before

Hi folks - I was upgraded to the V6 a few months ago and have noticed that a feature I used quite a bit on the old box, doesn't seem quite so fab, on the new.

As I recall, the old Tivo used to keep rolling recordings, which backed up the last three channels that had been watched, for around 90 minutes. The V6 doesn't seem to do this; it only seems to back up the currently selected channel, meaning that if you click away from it to see what the other channels are up to, you immediately lose the archive. Is this something I can change in the setup? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo Rolling Recordings - Not as comprehensive as before

Not true, V6 is functionally the same as TiVo, except it buffers on all six tuners.

Of course, each tuner has to be on a different channel.

As with TiVo, press the Info button on the remote to see which channels each tuner is on and buffering.

0 Kudos
wrongsideof40
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's very helpful. Thanks! I didn't know that little list existed. Now, for the hard of thinking (me) how do I change the channels that are being buffered? The list does not reflect any recently viewed channel. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Once in the Info display, showing the current channels which are buffering, simply choose the one you don’t want buffering by selecting it then pressing OK and then key in the 3 digit channel number of the one you want to start buffering.

0 Kudos
wrongsideof40
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Perfect! For the benefit of anyone else, attempting this, it seems to take the TiVo a minute or two to actually update the list and start recording. Grateful thanks; my V6 has just become a whole lot more useful!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just for completeness - the old TiVo no longer does this. Many complaints about this on here.

0 Kudos