cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Network Password problem

juliebobs
Tuning in

I am trying to re-start my Tivo V6 Box, that I always access via wi-fi. I have tried to reset the Network access but it keeps saying my Network Password cannot be verified. My password has always stayed the same as that provided with the hub about 3 years ago and is working on my phone.

I would be very grateful for any help please - bearing in mind that I'm not very technically minded!

63 REPLIES 63

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Juliebobs, 

Thanks for your reply and apologies for another new face, my colleagues are off today 🙂

I am glad to hear other devices are not impacted by the connectivity issue you are experiencing on the V6 box. 

Next time you experiencing the problem, please do try some of the streaming services such as Youtube to test if they are working.

A pin hole reset of the Hub can help to resolve connectivity issues when using WiFi which, from reading your posts, sounds like it could be the problem. 

The reset is different to a normal reboot as it will wipe the equipment and restore it to factory settings meaning you will need to reconnect any wireless devices. 

For more information on the pin hole reset, please click here 

Thanks

Nat

Hi, Please would someone explain why it is recommended that I try to access streaming services - eg YouTube or On Demand when my V6 Box has no Internet connection? Surely an Internet connection is necessary to access these streamed services?

Confused......

Thanks

Hi juliebobs,

Thanks for coming back, this is to see if other services work as this can happen, have you tried a pin reset on the Hub as advised?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

I have a connection currently - it's been ok for nearly 2 weeks now, so won't do pinhole reset unless I have problems again as I'm not very confident resetting wi-fi on my other devices. Also, if it happens again I will see if I can access any streaming services.

Thanks for your help.