cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Network Password problem

juliebobs
Tuning in

I am trying to re-start my Tivo V6 Box, that I always access via wi-fi. I have tried to reset the Network access but it keeps saying my Network Password cannot be verified. My password has always stayed the same as that provided with the hub about 3 years ago and is working on my phone.

I would be very grateful for any help please - bearing in mind that I'm not very technically minded!

63 REPLIES 63

@juliebobs wrote:

Hi Akua, My V6 isn't picking up my network (I always connect via wi-fi). It was struggling with this last night also, but I managed to get connected eventually. First on the list is VM9300574, then there are 7 others listed. It seems my network is 'drowned out' by others?

If I try pressing The WPS button on my hub nothing happens - I'm told a light should flash?

I will try rebooting again - both hub and box - and leave for 15 minutes as this worked last night. Before I do, will you be around still? (I won't have access to these posts)

BTW my network is VM8941034. What type of security would that use (3 options to try?) I am trying to get it to find my network by entering my network details but get stumped by this question 😞

Hi Akua

I.have eventually managed to get connected - to the internet and VM Services. But I am experiencing multiple issues.

1) Multiple attempts to connect to internet via wi-fi by rebooting box & hub. Error C230 no Internet connection

N27 N'wk cable unplugged

(My network not found; issues reported re invalid network settings, tho' I'd not changed anything).

2) Eventually Box connected to wi-fi. signal strength 100% (excellent). 5 ghz shows.

But - will not connect to VM Services - when trying, error message again that 'network connection is unsuccessful, network cable unplugged' - EVEN THOUGH  wi-fi connection is established!!

Changed to 5ghz. Would not connect to VM - 'could not verify wireless password (for VM8941034)

Changed back to 2.4 ghz (I think) and finally connecter to VM.

I have spent about 4 hours last night and today, including time spent on here and this does not seem acceptable. Sad I know!

Your comments would be appreciated - is there anything you can do at your end?

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @juliebobs,

Thank you for coming back to us and updating us on this issue as you go, we really appreciate this.

I was able to take another look at your account and can see that our system has picked up on a Short Term Connectivity Issue on your Hub. This could be the main cause of your connection issues with your TV box. 

Are you having any issues connecting to any other devices at all? 

Please keep an eye on your connection over the next 24 hours, and this issue should be resolved soon.

You can take a look at how to reset your TV box here > https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina, thanks for your response.

No I never have problems connecting other devices to wi-fi.

I may have forgotten to mention, but restarting the V6 (as per your link) does not seem to help to re-establish wi-fi/network connection. The only solution seems to be to switch box and hub off for 15 minutes. (Though I needed two or three repeated attempts today.  On the final reboot today I did have to restart the V6 before it would connect to VM Services,  even tho there was a 100% strength wi-fi signal showing on V6.)

It all seems to be very confused. I do hope your fix will resolve things!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juliebobs wrote:

Your comments would be appreciated - is there anything you can do at your end?

I'm a little confused as to the current state of where your issues are @juliebobs  - I'm more than willing to "muck in" with this but I'm a little lost as to where you are now.

I'll just pop one bit of "food for thought" - VM supply you with TV & broadband services, but wireless conditions in your home are completely outwith their control. Yes, VM can mitigate a little with remote "tweaks" on the SH, but ultimately - there's reasons why no provider guarantees WiFi broadband speeds.

To attempt to steer this thread in the right directions...

I assume your live TV is ok... within the "Network Connections" screen, I understand connections are reporting failing on the left? What's the error?

Can you use OnDemand services ok?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jdoc, 

Thanks for posting on our community page. Really sorry to hear that for some reason you're now unable to connect to our network?

Looking through this thread our valued members have given some excellent advice on this issue already. Can we ask if you have tried to connect without an Ethernet cable connected and tried to connect via Wi-Fi on your V6 box? 

Can we also ask if you are still getting the error code C130?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved this latest reply to @juliebobs  existing thread.

@Jodi_SFYI

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Jappitts & Jodi

Jodi's response to jdoc seems to have been moved to this thread in error. Could it be moved?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Juliebobs, 

Your two threads have been merged, as you can't have two threads discussing the same issue,

Please if you could answer @Jappitts questions so the community can best help you with this.

I have checked our account and your box looks fine and online. Can you keep us posted?

Zoie

Hi Zoie

Please see my previous message - a forum team member had addressed jdoc (as in 'hi jdoc') and Jappitts had moved that to this thread.

Paulina_Z, forum team member, has found a fault  that has hopefully resolved my issues - again, please look back to previous message on this thread for details.On 25 July she wrote that a 'short term connectivity issue' had been found on my hub and that this could be the cause of the connectivity issues. I am now assuming that this has been addressed from your end and that I shouldn't have this issue again.