cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Network Password problem

juliebobs
Tuning in

I am trying to re-start my Tivo V6 Box, that I always access via wi-fi. I have tried to reset the Network access but it keeps saying my Network Password cannot be verified. My password has always stayed the same as that provided with the hub about 3 years ago and is working on my phone.

I would be very grateful for any help please - bearing in mind that I'm not very technically minded!

63 REPLIES 63

Thank you for the updates @juliebobs.

I have been able to access your account using forum details. Currently our system is unable to reach your box device. Are you able to reboot as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-restart-or-reset-your-box#tab2 so we can best look inot what may be causing the issue?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Also,  everything only shows as ok after I've fiddled around for ages to get internet connection back - eventually switching hub and box off for about 15 minutes last night resolved the problem.

But I notice there are other threads on here about problems with V6 wi-fi connection so I was hoping that engineers would look into this.

My current issues are on a different thread. Please see my latest message on this thread adressed to Mick saying to ignore my previous message posted today.

When it happens try logging into your online account instead and run some diagnostic checks as it may pick the issue up?

Regards

Paul.

Thank you for letting me know @juliebobs.

In this case, our team will get to your new thread as soon as possible to assist you.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Please can you help? This thread is dated March - my latest thread was from last week and updated again last night. Please can this be dealt with now rather than waiting 4 months?

My V6 Box keeps losing wi-fi connection and has again now - which is why you can't find it. In my experience, restarting the box as you suggest never resolves the problem. I have to turn off the box and hub for at least 10 minutes, which I have done. Can you ring me?

I am unable arrange call-backs however I can do my best to help. 

Are you able to reboot your hub so I can view your hub as this is currently not showing up. This will help us know of any issues backend.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

i am restarting and will let you know when it's done it's thing! I do hope you can help.....

Please do and I will do my best to help from here 🙂

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi Akua, My V6 isn't picking up my network (I always connect via wi-fi). It was struggling with this last night also, but I managed to get connected eventually. First on the list is VM9300574, then there are 7 others listed. It seems my network is 'drowned out' by others?

If I try pressing The WPS button on my hub nothing happens - I'm told a light should flash?

I will try rebooting again - both hub and box - and leave for 15 minutes as this worked last night. Before I do, will you be around still? (I won't have access to these posts)