cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Network Password problem

juliebobs
Tuning in

I am trying to re-start my Tivo V6 Box, that I always access via wi-fi. I have tried to reset the Network access but it keeps saying my Network Password cannot be verified. My password has always stayed the same as that provided with the hub about 3 years ago and is working on my phone.

I would be very grateful for any help please - bearing in mind that I'm not very technically minded!

63 REPLIES 63

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juliebobs wrote:

also I repeatedly used the 'connect to virgin media services now' option after rebooting but it repeatedly failed to do so.

It would have given you an error message, or a reason for failing. That will have been a big clue as to the cause, and therefore the quickest fix.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We're going round in circles. The problem was that it could not connect to the Internet - simple as.

All working this morning following yet another reboot.

I think maybe some sort of update was being issued by Virgin - hence change in appearance of My Shows page.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@juliebobs wrote:

We're going round in circles. The problem was that it could not connect to the Internet - simple as.

Not necessarily - I don't think you've mentioned in any previous posts whether OnDemand or streaming services were working, they also use the internet.

If there'd been a national update issued by VM, they tend to be done during the working week when there's a lot more support resource incase of unforeseen issues. There would also normally be a few posts on here querying it. I'm not seeing evidence of that.

If your service is working, that's the main thing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

I am hoping ypu may be able to help - you were talking to me z couple of weeks ago and I'm hoping you might read through previous messages in this trail.

Please note I do have V6 - see my subject heading. Also, I know it is not connected to the internet because it tells me so on 'my shows & Recordings page'.

I went through the same thing last night (again a Saturday night). It tells me my cable is unplugged. I have never used a cable, so it does not automatically override this option as you suggest. It seemed to struggle to find my wi-fi even tho' when eventually found it listed the signal strength as excellent within the settings menus, and as very strong on my phone. It then struggled to connect to wi-fi, needing multiple attempts and repeated reboots where I switch everything off. Again, a couple of times I was told my password wasn't recognised, tho' I hadn't changed it.

(Using the option to restart the V6 from the Home menu never seems to work when Internet connection has been lost).

I am going to try to contact Virgin tomorrow to ask why my wi-fi signal seems to be a problem - twice now on a Saturday night.

And last night, whilst the Hub was powering up, at one point one of the green lights kept flashing (beyond the usual 5 minutes or so) which my manual says is a sign of an update being installed?

Is there any way I can get help with this?

Hi juliebobs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you are having connection issues with your V6 box, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any issues at all, you box is showing as connected with as you advised a great signal.

Can you post images of the errors you are getting if possible?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

I spent about an hour again last night (Sat night, around 9 or 10 pm, same as last week. I see there's another thread where someone is reporting wi-fi connection problems to V6 on Fri nights???).

Initially I can see message on 'my shows' screen saying no Internet connection. Then I'm told cable unplugged (tho' I've never used a cable this message has always accompanied no Internet message) it may say C320 or similar?

I then try to connect to Virgin Media, but this never works. At first of 5 stages it again says 'cable unplugged'.

I then navigate to menu for setting up connection, and select 'via wi-fi'. last night it was having trouble finding my network (other networks popped up quickly, mine tooK some time).

In the end, as per last week, the only resolution seems to be to switch off hub, box and TV for at least 10 minutes.

Other threads on here also refer to issues with V6 wi-fi connection issues, is anyone looking into this instead of repeatedly expecting this to be a user issue or problems with individuals' V6 boxes?

Hi juliebobs,

As this is a intermittent thing that only seems to Happen on a Saturday evening it is really hard to answer especially when everything is showing as OK and connected, I can only advise when it happened take pictures of the problem and post them so we can see what is happening.

I can also see our community has asked for further information on your other post.

Regards

Paul.

Hi,  I'd prefer not to use a cable, everything is too scrambled at back of tv and I can't get to it. I would prefer for Virgin to sort out its network problems - which usually happens eventually when I have these issues!

Sorry Mick, please ignore previous....

I'm not sure how a picture of my screen saying 'Internet is not connected' will help?

Or another pic of screen saying 'network cable unplugged'?