cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo C130 error

freeair
On our wavelength

I have just replaced my own router (Super Hub is in modem mode) and copied all the settings across to my new router which I have set up for static IP addresses. One of those settings was for the Tivo box giving it an IP address of 192.168.1.9 and using its MAC address.

When setting up the new router I switched off Tivo and unplugged it. Once the router was running and all LAN and WAN connections were working and the static IP address of 192.168.1.9 had been reserved I connected the Tivo box and powered it on. Then error C130

What have I done wrong as it worked with the old router?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I suggest factory resetting your router to remove any changes you made and put the hub back into modem mode. The router, if working properly, will get its WAN IP address and hand out IP addresses to connected devices via its DHCP server and I suspect that your V6 will continue to work. You can then reserve IP addresses for devices which have a need for this (like a NAS), but the V6 isn't one of them.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you have a TiVo & not a V6 (check here if you're not sure ) then the router connection is only used for multiroom streaming and has no impact on the box's internet connectivity. The TiVo has an inbuilt modem for all online functions, and a failure of this is one possible reason for a C130 error.

There's 2 ways you can check for this modem working - on the front-left you'll see 3 green LEDs. Second from left has a painted heart symbol next to it, is this static (working) or flashing (offline)?

Second - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, do you see an IP address in the top-right, and success reported against connections in the LHS? If so, your box has a working internet connection.

Try then clicking "Connect to Virgin Media Services now" at the bottom of the screen, which forces a manual connection.

If you have a V6, different advice applies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

freeair
On our wavelength
Apologies, it is a V6 box not Tivo

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @freeair 

The V6 box IP address should be set automatically by the V6 box.

It's always in the range of 192.168.0.xx and not 192.168.1.9 which is probably why it's not connecting.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

freeair
On our wavelength

The V6 is plugged into my router whose base IP address is 192.168.1.1 so the V6 reserved address is 192.168.1.9

192.168.0.1 IIRC is the address of the super hub if it's NOT in modem mode. In modem mode the super hub address is 192.168.100.1

Bear in mind that connections to the new router are identical to the old one and 192.168.1.9 worked for the V6 then.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not so sure the IP allocation is the issue here, I've had similar issues to the OP on my V6 in the past when changing routers, and learned a few lessons the hard way.

Does the IP address reserved in the router match that shown in the network connections screen? Do you have a successful connection reported on the LHS? After that....

1: Does OnDemand work? If not, what error code?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

freeair
On our wavelength

On the V6 box Network Connection lists "Network cable unplugged"

Network status under "Auto-config TCP/IP" shows IP address as 169.254.176.177 broadcast address as 169.254.255.255

On demand  "is temporarily unavailable (V210)" I assume that's because the V6 IP address is not the same (not even on the same domain) as the one reserved on my router.

Do nothing regarding the V6, just let the router's DHCP server assign the V6's IP address.

--

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree with Roger that there should be no need to specifically reserve an IP address, but equally doing so shouldn't hurt - if the IP's match, that bit seems to be working. Although, @freeair  is there a reason you are doing so?

Of more concern, and possibly partly the issue here, is "network cable unplugged" - is this V6 connected by Ethernet or WiFi?

If an ethernet cable is connected to the V6, it needs connecting at the router end as this can override the wireless.

Remove the V6's reserved IP address from the router and reboot the router. If that makes no difference put the hub back into router mode, connect the V6 to it with an Ethernet cable and see what happens. If it works then you know that it's the router, if it doesn't then call VM and report the "network cable unplugged" fault.

--