cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box Upgrade

Jimm1
Tuning in

Hi, 

For a while now I keep getting errors and loss of signal to my Tivo box (a good 8-10 years old now) and went online to see if I would be able to get a new box, this took me to a part about the TV V6 box and that's its a free upgrade to customers with certain requirements, which I meet, and yet the sign-in option on that page leads to an "oops something went wrong" and trying to talk to the live chat is a nightmare, not to mention trying to talk to an actual human is next to impossible.

8 REPLIES 8

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it depends how keen to get a V6 as the only way is to phone and speak with a person, if you go through to the upgrade and sales team route, I suspect the only way they will upgrade you will be to negotiate a new contract which if you are lucky may prove to be an advantage. Regards Micky

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jimm1 

The last time I can see where a free upgrade from a TIVO to a V6 was using the following link, however this free swap ended on 30th June 2020, as indicated in the legal Stuff section at the bottom of the page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/offers/V6swap 

I suggest following LittleMick73's advice and either speak to Regrades or Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

Note you need broadband with VM to use the V6 box.

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your equipment or package. 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for all the advice, finally got threw to a person who was extremely helpful, managed to get a new box sent and for free. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update Jimm1,

Good to see you had a positive outcome.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@Jimm1 wrote:

Thanks for all the advice, finally got threw to a person who was extremely helpful, managed to get a new box sent and for free. 

Great outcome. Regards Micky 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jimm1 wrote:

A fault replacement TiVo, or a V6 swap? Out of interest...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

A new TV V6 box, they wanted me to pay 99.95 plus a 35 activation fee, but I showed them the webpage about the V6 box that says that it's a free upgrade to those with certain conditions, (a TV package, fibre broadband an not already having a V6 box). 

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on the forums.

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to speak to a helpful member of the team after the advice from the community members, who has been able to arrange a new box for you free of charge.

Please let us know if you have any further issues or need advice.

Regards,

Steven_L