cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo Box Pixelation

sladep
On our wavelength

My Tivo V6 box has started pixelating on playback and pause/play TV. It doesn't happen when viewing live TV so looks like a hard drive issue. Can anyone at VM help with this please?

Thanks,

Paul.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff do monitor these forums, but it's only fair to point out this isn't a real-time response service and you are probably looking at "a couple of days" for a response.

The alternative is to call in - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM staff do monitor these forums, but it's only fair to point out this isn't a real-time response service and you are probably looking at "a couple of days" for a response.

The alternative is to call in - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

sladep
On our wavelength

Called the number and got put through to tech support department. The person I spoke to was 1st line so just had a number of checkpoints to run through rather than any in depth knowledge. Have been told it will be escalated to technical support who will attempt to fix it remotely. If it is not fixed in 48 hours then I have to ring back and see what the next steps are! Seems a bit rubbish to me! If this isn't a hard drive issue then I will be amazed so not sure why VM cannot be more proactive and send an engineer around to fix or replace or send me a new box. Support needs to be more proactive and not rely on me calling back after a number of days if it's not fixed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A failing hard drive can't be fixed remotely, although I'll give CS the benefit of the doubt that their script might have been saying "pass to someone else to clarify the symptoms and make sure" - I'm being very generous here and potentially without any basis

Personally - forget the 48hour advice and callback as soon as you're ready. And if you don't get a "sensible" outcome - i.e. a tech visit or replacement box - then post back and there are other ways and means of getting the correct outcome. But let's try the telephone route first and give them the chance to correct their mistake.

Good Evening @sladep, and thanks for your post on our Community Forums

Can you tell me if the issue has since been resolved or if this is still on going for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

sladep
On our wavelength

HI @David_Bn I will test it and let you know.

Thanks,

Paul.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @sladep,

Hope you are well!

How are things getting on now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

sladep
On our wavelength

Hi @Hayley_S,

Recent recordings since reporting the issue now appear to be ok. Issue remains on previous recordings so assuming kit is ok but something done in the background has resolved the issue?

Thanks,

Paul.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make a few test recordings, and try pausing/rewinding live TV.

That's the best test of HDD issues.

sladep
On our wavelength

Thanks will do. I won't mark this as resolved until we have a few more recordings and tests to prove it is fixed. As a side issue it looks like voice syncing issues now but this could just be coincidence.