cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo 6 not connection to Virgin media service

Nick757
Joining in

We have 2 Tivo 6 boxes - first one and the the other lost the capability of connecting to the Virgin Media service, so whilst we can receive tv channels, we cannot see the schedule or gain access to apps. Any advice?

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nick757 

On the basis that you have V6 boxes rather than TiVo (common parlance as per this link), I've moved your post to the V6 board.

The V6 gets its internet connection from your homehub - which can either be an Ethernet cabled connection or wireless. Therefore the first question - how are yours connected?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right, you'll see the connection status. What does yours report?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wireless

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right, you'll see the connection status. What does yours report?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Signal 65%

then the IP address and MAC ID

On the left hand side it indicates problem with the connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nick757 wrote:

On the left hand side it indicates problem with the connection

Can you expand on this, or be a bit more specific? Is there an error message, or description of the problem?

The more information you provide on forum posts, the easier it is to give useful advice.

Post some pictures if it would help.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Nick757,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your v6. Have you been able to get the box connected? Or are you able to try a wired connection to the hub?

Cheers,

Corey C

Still not connecting  to Virgin Media Services, so no schedule, and no access to any apps. Think we need to schedule a visit by the engineer.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perhaps you could review the questions posed in in my post-6 above, and we are likely to be able to advise further on this forum.

Far better to fix things on here by a bit of self-help, whenever possible.

When you say "still not connecting to VM services" - what is happening? If the connection is failing, there will be reason or error message given. What is it?

Thanks for your reply, Nick757,

If the channels are working, which this comes from the cable connection, but apps and guide isn't working, this might be due to the box's connection to the hub which you stated was a wireless connection. Are you able to switch to a wired connection? Or any of the suggestions from @japitts helped?

Cheers,

Corey C