Menu
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

TiVo v6

Just received a new TiVo V6 but the fan is rather noisy, have to turn it off during the day....then I may miss programs in my ish list...

should it be this noisy ? Or have I got a faulty one ? Could a replacement be sent out please ?

thanks

0 Kudos
oxfordmark
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: TiVo v6

Cant say i have noticed any noise from my new V6 (delivered and installed Saturday). When i get home i shall have a listen.
0 Kudos
reddwarf4ever
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have it on the eco mode to save energy, but even when the red light is on and not rcordimg Anything, the fan can clearly be heard.....have to keep turning it off in the day...

Why on earth should the fan be running .? When it’s not doing anything, can’t see how that is energy efficient...

So noisy to

0 Kudos
oxfordmark
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Doesnt ECO mode stop the box from recording?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, Eco mode stops access from the Virgin TV Control app. It doesn’t stop scheduled recordings occurring.

If I recall correctly, Eco mode no longer stops MRS with the latest software release.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi for a start turn off the ECO mode because it seems to interfere with other functions, secondly the box should not be noisy you do have a faulty one.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi reddwarf4ever,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the community.

I'm sorry to hear that your V6 is really noisy. I have tried to run a test on your equipment this morning but have been unable to connect to the box as its currently showing as offline. Can you please advise if the box was powered on at the time of my post?

The box shouldn't be too noisy, I certainly don't notice noise from mine at home.

What type of noise does it sound like?

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos