cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo v6 not finding other v6 box

Redford78
Joining in

I have 3 TiVo v6 boxes one in main bedroom, one in 2nd bedroom and one downstairs. The one in the main bedroom will not connect to the downstairs one but the downstairs will connect to the main bedroom. Both are connected to the same network, both have been rebooted and reconnected but still no luck.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say they won't connect... are they not listed in the "my shows" view? Or you're getting an error code somewhere along the line?

A good test of each box's connection is to check VoD use on each individual V6 - it's the same V6 <---> Hub connection being used.

Did you reboot them both at the same time? Or do them in sequence?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Just to let you  know after weeks of trying all different things and was in the process of getting a picture of the error which I think was c423 the main bedroom tivo box has now decided to connect to the living room.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

C423 is usually related to poor wireless connection.

It could be on the uploading box or the downloading end - whichever is wirelessly connected.

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the wireless signal strength in the top-right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hello Redford78

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear issue with channels

Have you been able to get this sorted yet?

If not, I have sent you a private message to gain account access

Please ignore it if you dont require any assistance

Gareth_L

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gareth_L 

I may be misinterpreting things here, but I don't think the OP has an issue with channels per-se, but multiroom streaming.

@Redford78 

Do you have an issue with live TV channels? Or is this just a problem with multiroom streaming of recordings between your boxes?