cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo box with no lights

boristmonk
Joining in

Was watching something and everything went black and the lights all went on the box. Rebooted it and I can hear it making a noise and the fan humming so still has power but no lights or anything else. 

I’m presuming it’s dead and I need a new one, but any suggestions, dreading customer services and I’m guessing it’s going to be a nightmare.

5 REPLIES 5

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @boristmonk,

Thanks for getting in touch and a very warm welcome back to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some problems with your TiVo box.

How are things looking at the moment? Has your box recovered at all, or are you still having the same issue? If so, please let me know, and I can take a closer look at things for you.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

It came back after being off for 15 hrs, but we have little confidence in it staying. To be honest, both our boxes are so out of date and unreliable and we cannot even access all the channels on them, and for the obscene amount of money we spend each month, we are debating either to ditch tv altogether or making the move to sky.

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi boristmonk,

I'm glad that your TiVo box is working again now, please let us know if this problem happens again in the future.

Which channels are you unable to access on your TiVo box? Could you please elaborate further so that I can look into this for you?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Amazon prime and Netflix’s, because both my boxes are out of date I gather, what needs to happen for the boxes to be replaced, red button is so slow it’s unusable as well, and clearly there is a fault with the box that it refused to come on. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi boristmonk,

I'd like to take a closer look at this for you. In order to do so, I'll just need to confirm some details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team